LunaMorrow

Instant Stop

Hi everyone.

Today I was out having a play with Darcy and trying out sets of 4 small jumps in a row. I was slowly building them up from ground poles, to cross poles and then to small jumps about 30cm high.

I had just propped up all 4 poles to a 30cm jump. I sent Darcy out and around then asked him over the jumps. I didn't have enough energy so he barely had any impulsion and I knew he would knock all of the poles down; so I just thought "stop" as he went over the first jump and he instantly did! He landed his front feet on one side of the jump and his hind feet were on the starting side. He just looked at me like he didn't know he could do that and he wasn't sure what to do next.

I gave him a big rub (and a carrot) then I asked him over the row again with no problem and enough impulsion.

I just thought this was really cool and thought I would share it if anyone else has experienced a similar thing.

Yep cool connection there Luna.

Lovely

That's brilliant!

Thank you everyone for your comments :)

Sounds like fun for both of you Luna.

Awesome Luna!

Really nice Luna!

Sounds like lots of fun Luna, what a great connection you must have with Darcy!

Isn't that the test of real communication vs repetition training? Can you alter the conversation halfway through?

Sounds like you passed with flying colours!