Sign in to follow this  
LunaMorrow

Visual Art Feedback

Hi everyone.

For Visual Art in school we are required to make a wearable art piece that represents our personal cultures. My chosen cultures were Natural Horsemanship and Nature. I have represented these cultures by creating a matching set of horseshoe and feather necklaces with leather thread for Darcy and I.

I would really value your feedback and responses to my work. Do you think I have represented these cultures well? Do you think the materials used represented the cultures well? Do you find it aesthetically pleasing to view? Do you have any suggestions for improvements or modifications?

Thank you in advance :D

Hi Luna, What a great thing to do for art. Is it heavy to wear around your neck? I can just imagine trotting with it, you'd have to have good rhythm to make sure it doesn't whack against your chest, lol!

I love the feathers, did you find those or buy them. I think the white leather is also a nice contrast on Darcy's chest and stands out nicely. Horses and feathers seem to go hand in hand don't they, when you think about freedom etc. I have a question for you to help me better understand your piece, What does the shoe represent?

Cheers

Jill.

Luna hi,

The horse shoe could be used as something to write on,

which depicts the culture story so that all symbols tie to together and have a purpose.

Looks like fun....

Hi Jillian.

Yes, it certainly is a bit heavy! Its not to bad to trot in luckily.

These feathers were ones that my Dad found from yellow-tail black cockatoos and pheasant coucals'.

These were Darcy's last pair of shoes before he went barefoot, so they are the last thing that was attached to his hooves. So by wearing them as a set, it represents connection between the two of us.

Thank you for your feedback :)

Hi Simone.

That is an awesome suggestion. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Thank you for your suggestion :)

That is indeed a very special piece. I love Simones suggestion too.

I love it when you understand what a piece is about and what it represents. It makes it so much more personal doesn't it.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you will nail it...