• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
tilda8

Bea and me

Well the day started badley with stupid amounts of rain that re flooded my just drying out land ! So I was grumpy , anyway , Ali (partner) came to help me out this afternoon and forgot to shut the paddock gate so Bea got I to the resting field (with nice sweet grass !!) My halter was back in the car so I decided to go get her . Found her and started to move her on with hands round her nose , nothing happened ! Her mate was jumping up and down the other side of the fence which wasn't helping . Anyway I had Shane's voice in my head from the demo saying offer and wait , so I waited , and waited (normally by this time I would have put some phases in and prob lost her )  then all of a sudden she softened and walked with me all the way back to the gate ignoring said friend . This made my day , she could have chosen to leave at any point and buggered off but she didn't . Has taught me a great deal about giving her more time and being more patient ! Thought I'd share , can't really put it into words how good it was though felt we really.connected today and Bea chose that completely x

That's great! It's so nice when they make the choice to connect with you.

Thats lovely Sarah, made up for a poor start to your day :) 

Well done, Sarah! :)

It's even better when you can bring them back from a tricky situation so well done! (Not just on a sunny day!) One day the sun will come back to us though B)

Cool. Sometimes it pays to wait. It may have taken you a lot longer had you added the phases! :cowboy:

Thanks for sharing Sarah,  so often we tend to jump in and make the decision for our horses. As Shane has said, if we just wait for that moment when the horse makes the decision for themselves, we create a whole new level of communication and our relationship starts to change. :wub: