• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Meredith

Woolooga Fire

Hi folks....for those of you concerned, we're all okay here in Woolooga.  The fire is on the other side of Wide Bay Creek and not endangering us here at QSSC at present.

It is super smokey but all horses and humans are fine.   

I'll check back later with an update.

:)

phew, it can be a scary place to be around a bush fire sooo glad all is good,

the ABC radio had said to get in contact with any one in that area and make sure they are ok ,so good you's are ok good to hear.

An update.....we are all okay at the moment.  As a precaution all horses here for training have been evacuated to Widgee Campdraft grounds.  So rest assured folks your horses are miles away from the fire..

More later.

Glad to hear! Stay safe!

We still have a fire here at Woolooga.  Our poor little town has not faired well today.  Right now the Ransley's and everyone staying with us are all okay.  The fire for the most part has past us and is burning to the east of us.

Simone your float is here with us.  Bindi is safely at Widgee.  We believe we are safe now, however as a precaution the horses that are here for training have all been taken to Widgee Campdraft grounds.  Mel, Georgia and Jack are camping with them there tonight.

Mel and Georgia are continuing with training as Widgee.

Shane and I and all our horses are still here at QSSC Woolooga....we are being vigilant.

Rest assured your horses are all perfectly safe and very comfy and being taken very good care of.  We'll assess the situation in the morning and decide from there.

Glad to hear you are all safe.  Thanks to everyone for keeping Red safe as well.  Shane & Meredith I'll come & pick up my float in the morning. Hopefully the firies will let us into Woolooga.

Sarah you can get in to Woolooga now.  Roads were opened this afternoon.  The fire is now burning away from us toward Miva, Theebine and Sexton.  Heading your way Jane.

Simone everything here is safe right now.  I'll PM you in the morning re Bindi and her training.  But she is very safe right now.

No worries  Sarah.  Come on by any time.  Shane and I are staying here to keep an eye on things.  And hey!....you might get to see our house arrive!

Gawd!.....what a few days its been.

True horseman! Nothing will stop a horse training course!

so pleased it all ended well and everyone stayed safe - and the house arrived!

Hi Mereidth  Hi Shane  once again one year has come around hoping rain came your way on Saturday , Blacksnake  we had 3.5 ml with a easy storm and Imbil   15 ml  very dry . Hope all is great.

Hey Simone.  Yes its been a year and its just as dry as it was back then.  So many fires in Qld.  Send some of your rain our way will you!