• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jillian Prince

Still there after after all these years........

Many years ago Shane took my horse King for some foundation training. As it turned out he really needed restarting! Shane did his best and handed him over to a "secretly shitting herself owner"! I did a ride a day for a week with Shane supporting me, and we headed home... I couldn't wait to unload him in the paddock and not go near him until I was ready. About 6 months later Shane did a couple more days work with him. After this I got a couple of phone calls from people that were there and witnessed what he was like the last day of training. They were doing canter depart turns, (like roll backs)!!!!!! So light and forward! Wow! Amazing for a horse that had about 5 hours in the saddle.

But he was still so green and I was so scared and had so much to learn and so much to experience! Fast forward many years down the track and about 12 months of being injured and out of shape he is well and truly on the mend. His physio is well and truly working.

So for his first saddled ride in a while last week we were working on some rebounds and transitions.... focusing of course on him using his HQ properly and low and behold whats in there....

A trot rebound with a direct rein turn and canter depart! Holy smokes! 

I was feeling pretty bloody chuffed! And amazed! 

My horse, that has been sore and had limited range of movement for 12 months gave me that! I think I might have learnt a bit teacher!  What do you reckon! 

So if your at home and feel like you may not be getting anywhere, or you just can't seem to get it as nice or like what your coach is doing, if its a bit tricky, or making you frustrated, please don't stop, please look forward and one day you'll get that "direct rein canter departure"!

Thanks Jill for sharing! It's so lovely to  read your tahdah and very encouraging :wub:

That is awesome Jill, yes it was in there and better than that you found it!! Yes Ha!

Wow that’s so great!  You put that in there, so big pat on the back for you both!  

Its so lovely what they offer us isn’t it, and makes you wonder why people make it so hard!

He is a lovely boy!  

Lovely story Jill! Thank you for sharing xx

Wonderful story Jill.  This is fantastic. I'm so happy for you and so very glad to hear that King is going so well now.  The best news.

:)

Very honest and inspiring. Thanks for sharing Jill. The highs of making achievements like you and King have made, make the lows totally worthwhile. 

Just goes to show that they will offer it when we ask for it :)  Well done Jill!  Way to go King!

Cool stuff, very inspiring. :thumbsup:

Fantastic to read this Jill.

That's great, Jill!  Well done! Sounds like your partnership is coming along nicely! :clapping: