• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
sarah_c

Tragic accident

My best friend rang me in an awful state this morning to tell me her dear friend and neighbour died last night. She was kicked in the head by a horse. They think she might have been feeding. She was able to ring her husband who was working on the property to tell him he'd better come in as her nose wouldn't stop bleeding. By the time he got in she was unconscious and later died. 50 years old mother of two, experienced horsewoman. Such a tragedy...

Sorry to hear this, Sarah. I hope this helps remind us all of the significant importance our QS horsemanship habits have to help stack the odds in our favour as much as possible.

Shane

Oh Sarah.  I am so sorry to hear this news.  What a shocking loss.  As Shane said, just another call to action to make sure of our safe and very important habits.

My sincere condolences.

:)

Thank-you Shane & Meredith. I agree entirely with your thoughts xx

How sad! I am very sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing - perhaps we should all reflect on our habits. 

So sorry to hear this Sarah.  Yes, it is a reminder not to get complacent with our safety habits.

Such a tragic loss - so sad for the family.  Yes a good reminder to always be vigilant around our horses and take good habits seriously.  Preparation and knowledge is our best tool in our tool kits.

I am so very sorry, my deepest condolences x