• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
georgia_perl

Timed Trail Course for Red, Blue, Green and Black Strings.

VERY SPECIAL EVENT FOR LEVEL ONE, TWO, THREE AND FOUR GRADUATES!

We are hosting a Timed Trail Course Weekend at QSSC in Woolooga.

The event will involve two rides on our marked course with a variety of obstacles to suit each level of rider. Times will be taken and there will be some great prizes up for grabs!

The event is open to everyone with a coloured string and we are very excited to have some of our highest level riders Mel Peacock, Fiona Prescott, Jill Prince and Jen Renouf coming to join us! As well as Shane and Meredith as well!
This is going to be a very inspiring weekend and a great chance to put your homework to the test.

When: Saturday 2nd of November and Sunday 3rd of November

Itinerary: Arrive on Saturday with time to setup your horse and your self ready for our riders breifing at 1pm. Saturday night we will catch up together over a BBQ dinner. Sunday morning we will start out trail at 9am and we will gather for lunch to pressent the results and awards of the day. Please BYO food for breakfast and lunch.

Cost: $25 to cover incurance, camping and BBQ dinner on Saturday.

We are very excited to be holding our first Timed Trail event. While only QS Level Graduates are invited to compete, this event has been designed as a spectator sport so we encourage students and members of the community to come without a horse and watch the event. We will have plenty of viewing stations available. We are also asking for volunteer timekeepeers and score people on the day so if you haven't quite got your Red String yet but you would like to help out on the day please get in contact with the office.

If you have any questions about the event please email enquiries@quantumsavvy.com

To book your ticket please follow the eventbrite link below. The last day to buy tickets will be Friday the 25th of October.

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/timed-trail-course-for-red-blue-green-and-black-strings-tickets-73759936957

We can't wait to see you there!!

Seriously was an amazing weekend.  With a little bit of everything.   From cross country to driving the coyntry side.  Being a camera man and great company.  Gotta go next year

Fantastic event everyone. Great achievements, milestones and fun had by all.

Ive got some photos from today, thanks to everyone who grabbed the camera and took them when I couldn't. 

DSC_0095.jpgDSC_0088.jpgDSC_0081.jpgDSC_0071.jpgDSC_0062.jpgDSC_0059.jpgDSC_0051.jpgDSC_0053.jpegDSC_0014.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0001.jpgDSC_0003.jpg

Hey Jen, love love love your work picture can say a 1000 words Thanks everyone for a ripper weekend lots of smiles plenty of laughter  lots of skills where put to the test . Feeling 10 times more confidence in my abilities and truly know my horsemanship journey is on track. 

Fantastic pics thanks Jen.  We were all so busy and having such a blast it was a bit hard to get pics / videos.  Learnt a lot to make next year even better.

Boy what a FANTASTIC event.  Lots of planning of course and a fair amount of crossing fingers but it came off really well.  I think it is fair to say that we all had a blast, the course was terrific - challenging enough without being too scary ;) - and lots of fun.  Lots of thrills (Shane and Mejor at flat gallop bareback, Jen's one handed ride while she filmed her run) and loads of really proud moment.  Loved seeing the Red String folk out and about and doing an awesome job.  Calm, happy horses arriving back  at the finish line, lots of loose reins and BIG smiles.

Congratulations to our Day 1 Winners;

RED STRING - JANE KOVACKS

BLUE STRING - JEN RENOUF

GREEN STRING - FIONA PRESOTT

BLACK STRING - SHANE RANSLEY

And huge congrats to our event winners;

3RD PLACE WITH A MOST IMPROVED TIME OF 3 MINS 24 SECONDS - JANE KOVACKS

2ND PLACE WITH A MOST IMPROVED TIME OF 4 MINS 27 SECONDS - SIMONE DICKSON

AND OUR 1ST PLACE WINNER WITH A MOST IMPROVED TIME OF A WHOPPING 6 MINS 26 SECONDS  - CAITLIN RANSLEY

Just seeing everyone's confidence grow over the 2 days was massive and this really showed in the day 1 / day 2 time improvements.

If you weren't there, as a rider or a spectator, you really did miss something very special.  I can honestly say this is one of the best QS events we've ever had in nearly 30 years.  So great on so many levels.  We all agree we need to make this a regular event here at QSSC Woolooga and already we are planning an event for 2020.

Stay tuned for more pics as they come in.  And many, many thanks to everyone who came along, joined in and pitched in to help this be the monumental weekend that it was.

:)

p.s. have you seen Jen's ride video yet????? 

Shane was that fast ¿¿ did we even see him compete??  (flash )

Thanks again for the fun.

Wow, thanks for the awesome pics! Ot was such a privilege to be there. It really drives home what an amazing program QS is, and what you can acheive with it! Even at Level 1, students are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the world!!

Wow, it all sounds so cool, what an amazing opportunity for rider and horse! Congratulations to everyone! Can't wait to see more pics :)

Kerensa do you have picks of our winners / riders?  Or was it Tracy who took those.

Jen has more great pics on her camera but she is on her way back to Vic after a couple of weeks here with us so we'll see those once she gets her Brumbies home.

Hi Meredith, would you like them posted here or sent through to you? I'll ask Trace too!!

We'll get a new thread going on the success stories section Kerensa and put them all on there.

Thank you.

Hi everyone, 

My video unfortunately was lots of the ground in front of me and my horses ears :huh: but I’m happy to share it. I’ll just have to upload it to YouTube first 

Looking forward to that Jen!  Meredith, I will upload more pics to that thread in SuccessStories later today!

Thanks Jen.....it will still be fun to see.  Go Pros all round next year I think.

Many thanks Kerensa.....the more the merrier.  I didn't manage to take any :0 so all pics gratefully received.

You're welcome Jane!! I've put my Christmas Order in for a Go-Pro and a drone! That way I have 12 months to  practise using them :cowboy:

Sign in to follow this