• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Bindibo

Smokie daze

20191110_102149.jpgThis is the veiw from one of the high points next door to me it over looks Mary Valley back to Noosa and over to Kilivan, normally .

Yep....once again we have dreadful fires in Oz.  I really feel for the folks at Noosa / Cooroibah and of course below the border into fire ravaged NSW.  Drought and windy conditions make for devastating bushfires.  No end in sight just yet.  Where is the rain we so badly need.

Super smokey here again of course but so far not near us.

Thinking of all of our QS family in the affected areas.  Stay safe folks.

:(

Gee Simone, is that close to your other property? We're safe here at ours, it's just the smoke because there are fires all around but a fair distance from us. My heart goes out to all those affected.

Its just adivce Kerensa now, that part of the national trail Oakveiw national park Blacksnake section.

Yep...this one has been blowing over our place now for a week or more.  Getting closer I think....away from you Simone and toward our way a bit.  Still a a way off yet though.

:(

Just got the goss from Kilkivan Simone.  The fire has crossed Oak View national park and is heading away from you today Widgee.  Bypassing Woolooga so far.

:)

Change in the wind,, north west burning back on its self is there any goss on how it started.  Looked amazing on Sunday nite, fire flames everywhere we went up there to put sprinkler  up. Heading back there tommorrow. 

No idea Simone.  But even looking at it today and it is well on Widgee side of the mountains now.

Stay safe everyone. I have been thinking of all the QS family that is being affected by fires. 

If there is any way I can help please reach out.

The view from our back patio...the smoke is lifting but this morning the sun was pink!! I hope there is some relief on the way..

20191114_111939.jpg

Our side of Blacksnake which is not the Widgee  side, all is good they where back burning on Wednesday . NZ firerys  help out  hopefully this keep the area safe and prevents another flare up. The wind will be the factor we are 540 meters above sea level up there so it can get quite hairy .20191113_094058.jpg

It's just so crazy ATM Simone, fires starting in suburbia where there are reserves and parks. Wow, 540m above sea level. That's a bit of a hike! We're only 50 m I think!!

I hope you all stay save! Fingers crossed!

Yes.....we've been watching it closely.  Fires on both sides of us last night.  Smoke so thick you could barely see the hills around us.  The wind is not helping. 

A bit close for comfort at Black Snake on Wed/ Thurs Simone as they advised people to leave the area but thankfully heading away from you.  They are promising a thunder storm....hope we get it.

72819257_2447266118850771_386184505565642752_n.jpg

75322575_1150578925143953_4068328743737753600_n.jpg

76685745_2341935126119056_415582117892718592_n.jpg

20191115_172325.jpg20191116_091257.jpg

top picture Blacksnake yesterday Friday arvo,  the chopper came in and groung crew with a glow on the ridge , amazing people working hard  "high 5's to all firies."

bottom picture  Saturday morning still needs rain to put it out inaccessible  area's .

Meredith we have just had a storm  here a Imbil with rain, its dryer here than Blacksnake more rain dancing to be done.:)

Oh my, it sure is smoky there.. we have fires all around us but we are not in any danger. Nita and Ian were evacuated on Moreton Island. A lightning strike started a fire right in their little township. I’ll be rain dancing with you Simone, actually I’ll try anything ATM.. 

Yep more rain dancing to be done.  So dry and so hot.  We're a bit over it being smokey now.  Nearly 3 weeks of fires burning.  I feel so badly for the firies out there dealing with it in the hills.  They must all be exhausted.

Supposed to get a storm this arvo....all fingers are crossed.