• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Kerensa01

Applying RFT

Hi everyone! I have just finished a Clinic with Mel at Chambers Flat Equestrian Park, Qld. It was all about pplying RFT to whatever you choose to do! What an absolutely awesome clinic. We were looking at the obstacles that are used in Obstacle Trail Courses and Working Equitation, as well as a few different games that people use their horses to do. It hadn't  really dawned on me how it really isn't about the task, it's about the horsemanship, it's about the realease, about the focus, rewarding the try. It's about checking in with your horse and making sure that they're okay, not just putting that little bit if pressure on to push through that last step. What a valuable clinic. I learnt so much more about the little things that WE sometimes don't recgonise, that means so much to our horses. Thanks Mel! Thanks QS!! I have added another layer to my Horsemanship journey!! And did I mention how much fun we had? :thumbsup:

That is so awesome Kerensa!!!  So glad you enjoyed and got so much out of the clinic :) 
I have just uploaded all the pictures I took on my page on facebook.

Hi Jill! Pinterest has a whole lot of awesome obstacles and how to build them! We have some at home that we built for a bit of fun!!

That's awesome Kerensa,and looks like whole lot of fun! What an amazing opportunity this clinic was.So Wished I was there with you all.

We have our Christmas Obstacles PD this weekend coming... and all of us have been busy making some Obstacles. Will share some pics,here is a sneak peak of the spider jump idea,except we are using a half barrel,so not so high.;)

inbound4967086911352628551.jpg

It was so much fun Kerri! I can't make it this year, but next years looking good! I love the spider jump! We made one a few years back for an obstacle challenge! It was a 'winner' with the ponies!! I hope you have an awesome time!!

"Spider jump" Saturday looking intresting and a bit spooky, can't  wait . Kerensa would have been great to catch up,  hope the camera's will be out.

..a little bit of video to show you what we were achieving at the Clinic.

I'm so excited for the next one Mel!! This clinic was brilliant, and we didn't even get to jumping anything!! I'm constantly aware of that force field, so practising my Yoda moves :D