• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Meredith

Summer Lessons are underway

Yay!.....I just love my summer lessons and always look forward to them, so now that we are underway for 2019 / 2020, the excitement is just growing!

We've had our first weekend down at Al and Vicki's beautiful Crystal Creek venue and if our kick off weekend is any indication of what is to come, we're in for a cracker few months.

There is a definite theme already unfolding (as it always does) that really follows on for me from my HiM camps in Victoria and Surrey earlier this year.  It all began with a question a few years back from Tracy Marshall about explaining more about how a horse moves, or should move and how it carries itself and what to look for, and then grew since then with all the horses I've been training since.  So thank you Tracy and thank you horses!

So we've really been looking in a lot more detail about how a horse should move and use itself as well as understanding more thoroughly why we do what we do and how the entire QS programme all works as a whole.....as  big picture.

So right from the L1 class, through L2, L3 and HiM we focused on these things and I think it was really insightful for everyone and hopefully added a few more pieces of the puzzle.  Georgia summed it up best when she said it was all so simple and yet so complex.  Really straight forward and not  much to it, but you have to know what to look for.

The upshot was really, really lovely  soft, light, happy, calm horses doing amazing things and lots of licking and chewing from the participants.

Thank you so very much to everyone who joined me.  I loved every minute of it and hope you're all getting stuck into your homework.

Huge thanks to Vicki and Al for hosting the weekend.  And congratulations to Geogia for yet another purple tick, this time for HiM Ranch Rope (awesomely done by the way) and to Vicki for a Blue Tick for L3 liberty!  Yay!  Only one to go for Vicki.

And so we're off and running.  If you'd like to join me for a summer lesson, I still have spots available in some of the classes so please do let me know ASAP. 

Woolooga is next on Dec 14th & 15th.

:)

p.s. pics coming soon.

BLUE OR PURPLE TICK TALLY FOR THE SUMMER

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

ad promo_Meri1.jpg

Wohooo, congratulations Georgia and Vicki, that's awesome!! :thumbsup:

It was a terrific weekend Kerensa.  Always a lot of fun and so much discovery.

Thanks for the piccies Georgia.  Love the one from the top of the hill. 

What a ripper of a weekend! Bet you are looking forward to the next one everyone!

Lovely photo's!  Congratulations on the purple tick Georgia and Vicki! Only one left to get your Level 3!! Well done:clap:

Demo tomorrow night at QSSC as part of our summer lesson weekends.  All welcome from 6pm.  Our topic, 'Achieve your Goals in half the Time'.

We had a fab weekend here at Woolooga for our summer lessons.  Unbelievably hot though so I think the group did amazingly well to achieve what we did.  Our brains were fried in more ways that one at days end.

Again we had a focus on some specific things.  How a horse moves was once more a biggie and also how this really affects their confidence, calmness and try.  Positive reflexes were also a big focus as in doing a lot less but being more effective so you get a better response, which the horses loved because it meant we were more polite and much lighter with them.  Oh and really getting that hind 1/4 soft and stepping under in all things like spirals etc.  Plus as in the Crystal Creek and UK lessons we looked at really understanding short range circles and sideways and how to use these to get everything else better.

Congrats to Caitlin who stood out in the heat for a whole day on Saturday as she did the L1 class with her new pony Gilly and really impressed us all with her feel and timing as well as the L2 class with her other pony Tilly.  A huge day for a little girl in the very hot conditions (it was 38 deg!!!)  And to Liam who kicked us off with the first Woolooga Blue Tick.  We also had a few more very close to blue ticks so I reckon we'll rack up a few more by next lesson.  Rhiannon and Black Tilly's spirals were very, very good and soooooo close to a bluey.  Just a bit more practise.

Well done to Lyn O'Hara also and Ladybird.  Lyn is doing some L1 and L2 lessons this summer so she has racked up  three lots of homework...L1, L2 and HiM!  It's all good though Lyn.  You'll  see so much improvement in your horse over the next 3 months.

I don't think we got any photos as our photographer had melted, but we did eat lots of cold water melon 1  Yum thanks Shane.

Well done everyone.  Lots of progress already.  For those coming to Summer Lessons your homework is already posted on our PM.  Thanks for making it so much fun!

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 1

Wow Meredith! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Congratulations to all of you amazing horsemen for all of your super efforts! Looking forward to the next update!

NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH

Congratulations to Chrissie Jenkins and Eli who just got a Blue Tick for their L2 short range assignment.  Another Blue Tick for the summer lesson folk.

Yippee!  Well done Chrissie.  Eli was afraid of the stick when you first began QS and now you've completed you flag assignment.  So happy for you both on this great achievement.

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 1

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

One pic for you....we actually did do quite a lot on the weekend.  Was a hottie though!

image.png

Thanks for this one Shane.

image.png

Way to go everyone, great job getting out there when its so hot! Congratulations for all those ticks so far.  38 here today and I made sure my sessions were done nice and early! 

So good to see you out there with Gilly Caitlin :thumbsup:

Awesome job guys ,when the heat there it make things 10 times harder.

A tick just makes it 10 times better. Well done for just doing it.

Congratulations Caitlin Ransley for your Blue Tick with Gilly for L1 approach.

Caitlin is working with 2 horses this summer.....her pony White Tilly and her new wonderful Brumby (thanks Jen  :) ) Gilly.

We have a few people really close to more blue ticks...going to be a fab summer.

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 1

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

Caitlin Ransley - 1

Ooh!...I forgot to mention this also in case you haven't seen it.  This weekend will be the perfect ending to our summer lessons for those of you wanting to complete or get stuck into your two-rein riding elements of your level.  We'll look at lateral flexion to contact, to collection to elevation over this two days, so the entire process from start to finish.....with no force, no pressure, no bits!.....just natural flexion.  So this is for all Levels 1 - 4.

And for any of you doing my summer lessons, you will get the 10% off discount.

I can only fit one of these weekends in though so it'll be at QSSC Woolooga.  ONly 5 spots per class.  So please do let me know asap if you'd like to join me.

M :)

http://www.quantumsavvy.com/board/index.php?/calendar/event/453-contact-collection-elevation-and-self-carriage-weekend/

Congratulations to Liam Ransley on a Blue Tick for his L1 Short Range Yields.  It took him 4 attempts but all his practise has really paid off.  Mejor is looking after him and helping him to learn.  Being a highly educated horse, he does EXACTLY what Liam asks him to do...which isn't always actually what Liam WANTS him to do.  LOL.

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 2

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

Caitlin Ransley - 1

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 2

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

Caitlin Ransley - 1

Donna Rose - 1

Well we're just over half way now through our Summer Lessons with only one more lesson in Murwillumbah to go and two here at QSSC (including the Contact, Collection and Elevation weekend ).  It's been an awesome summer to date with lot of Blue Ticks so far and loads more still to come I'm sure and very soon.

My most recent demo on how your horse should move was I think for many, enlightening and informative and hopefully helpful with unlocking some ideas on achieving true forward and a happy, healthy horse.  I had lots of questions and comments from everyone who came along, so I'll keep offering this demo for other groups this year as I believe it is really beneficial.

Our lessons in Murwillumbah were epic once again.  Lots of achievements especially when it comes to helping our horses to stay mentally engaged, thinking and therefore calm and confident.

The Woolooga group are also making terrific progress with the youngsters going great guns with their liberty and my L1 class now up and riding.  We also had our first L3 lesson this time with Jane and Gully and if I may say so, loads of progress with our perfect study plans.

Many congrats to Donna Rose for another blue tick and also for her supreme effort on Saturday night doing her spiral assignment in a thunder storm.  The rain was so heavy I could barely see her and Rocky.  Thanks for the rescue and hat Jen H.

There is still time to join me for these last few lessons but be quick....the summer is almost over.

IMG_6249.JPG

IMG_6254.JPG

IMG_6256.JPG

IMG_6261.JPG