• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Meredith

Summer Lessons are underway

So much progress! 
Well done everyone, you’re all doing a great job.

Good work Caitlin and Liam on those ticks too! 

Congratulations to everyone on your blue & purple ticks. Wonderful achievements. They’re a testament to the power of summer lessons to propel us towards achieving our goals. 

Personally, my love for this program has been rekindled this summer & I am enjoying the new discoveries I’m making with my horse. 

Very much looking forward to our final lesson & then up to Woolooga for the contact weekend. Hopefully a blue and/or purple tick by the end of it. 

Vicki

Another Bluey for Donna.  Well done Donna.  ONe to go for that Red String.

:)

BLUE OR PURPLE TICK TALLY FOR THE SUMMER

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 2

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

Caitlin Ransley - 1

Donna Rose - 2

Here are some of the special photos we took at the Janurary NSW lesson. I hope they inspire you! 

If your around Murwillumbah join us next weekend for the final lesson weekend. There is a FREE demo and auditor tickets available - so something for everyone :)

83176114_10157212221832872_7157029568140804096_n.jpg

83372675_10157212219607872_6485626085563170816_n.jpg

83372679_10157212220877872_4897403039847022592_n.jpg

83581048_10157212219842872_1217828643816865792_n.jpg

83737268_10157212221592872_8352070833472012288_n.jpg

84278664_10157212218322872_7782996681888366592_n.jpg

84343217_10157212222352872_4862619362437103616_n.jpg

84499461_10157212218532872_6069934175421464576_n.jpg

Pearl and I have got so much out of it two summer lessons so far. The biggest take away for me is learning another level of phases to always ask with my energy, focus and intent first. Then to not fuss around and follow through when I need to do I can quickly get to release.

Focusing on positive reflexes like these have helped my stick riding which is going well now and my ranch rope assignment. Which has really shown me the importance of getting to release quickly to get communication happening from so far away.

We have our last lesson in NSW coming up soon and I’m really looking forward to exploring this more then.

Georgia, you and Pearl are going great guns.  It sure has been a productive summer for you.  MOre Blue Ticks very close now I think.  :)

A couple of quick things for those of you coming this week or next.....this round's demo / seminar on the Friday night before each lesson (6pm this Friday at Crystal Creek and the same next Friday at Woolooga) will be on 'Having your horse's idea become your idea'.  In other words, what do you do when you want to do one thing and your horse wants to do another?  How do you deal with it in a constructive and positive way that builds both rapport and connection.  This will be a fabulous chat so be sure to be there and bring your friends.

Prior to this, Caitlin and I will be out playing with our horses so be sure to arrive in time to join in.  :)

Also, we'll be having a bbq and Quiz Night on Saturday night, so bring your pen and paper and your thinking caps.

Lastly, in Crystal Creek we'll be having our special Sunday morning brekky outing to celebrate our fantastic summer together.  We'll kick off nice and early and have our chat while we eat brekky (Chrissie, Vicki I forget where it is we are going?) and get stuck into horsie stuff on our return.

For the Woolooga group, we'll be having pizza on the hill top from the Rusty Ute on the last Saturday night which is during the contact and collection weekend.  Fantastic.

Speaking of which I still have spots left in this event so let me know if you want to be in on it.  It will be an amazing weekend following the thread of self carriage to contact to collection to elevation.  Awesome.  The lessons are;

HiM -

Level 1 Contact - Liam, Lynn

Level 2 Contact beginning collection - Rhiannon, Caitlin, Chrissie

Level 3 Collection beginning Elevation - Vicki, Georgia, Fiona (Jane??)

Lots of fun coming up.  It's not over yet!

Also huge congratulations to our recent Blue Tick recipients; Liam for L1 trailer load after 5 or 6 attempts.  Liam has learnt, in his words, a lot about safety, preparation, setting it up to be easy and safe for your horse, position and energy.  The frowny face was just the beginning!!  Also Rhiannon after about 10 goes for her spirals and Caitlin for L1 short range with Gilly and L2 flag assignment with Tilly.  The girls are also close with their liberty assignment too.  Way to go girls.

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 3

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

Caitlin Ransley - 3

Donna Rose - 2

Rhiannon Ransley - 1

That is great Simone.  Which bit are you joining us for??'

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Due to the wetness under foot in Nth NSW and Sth east Qld (with some flooding and road closures) we will be rescheduling this weekends lessons at Crystal Creek.  We'll find another date ASAP for our final Crystal Creek weekend.  So stay tuned and we'll let you know very soon.

I'm really sorry about this as I know we were all looking forward to the weekend but we want to stay safe and have fun, so we'll do it again some other time soon.

In the meantime though, I'll be doing a group chat tomorrow morning via our chat site here on the Forum. That is 8am Qld time and 9am NSW time.  PLease do join me so we chat about how you're going with your homework and make some plans to still gets lots out of the weekend ahead.  No reason why we can't all still get out and practise.

Please check our group PM in the morning for the link.

Okey dokey Simone.....that will be fabulous.  I'll pop you in to the Level 2 group.

I still have spots available everyone in the Harmony in Motion group.  And a couple in the L1 group but only 1 now in the L2 and L3 group.

HiM self carriage, collection and lateral flexion/ tying it all together -

Level 1 Contact - Liam, Lynn

Level 2 Contact beginning collection - Rhiannon, Caitlin, Chrissie, Simone

Level 3 Collection beginning Elevation - Vicki, Georgia, Fiona (Jane??)

I will be doing a demo / talk on the Friday night, everyone welcome.  Plus we'll have our end of summer dinner to celebrate our amazing summer or progress, with Pizza on the Hill Top on the Saturday night.  It will be lovely and very special.

Thank you to everyone who joined me for our chat this morning.  It was lovely to talk to you all.  Good luck with your homework this weekend.  Be sure to get those assignments filmed and we will chat again soon.

And congratulations to Rhiannon for another blue tick, for her L2 liberty.

Vicki Kilborn - 1

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 3

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

Caitlin Ransley - 3

Donna Rose - 2

Rhiannon Ransley - 2

Hi Meredith,

Yes I will be there this Sunday for the HIM and will also be there for the level 3 collection (so looking forward to seeing Vicki!).

Terrific....that will be great Fiona.  So this weekend for the HiM class and the L3/L4 class the following weekend?  I hope I have that right?

Congratulations Vicki on another purple tick.  You and Dusty are certainly looking very harmonious

Vicki Kilborn - 2

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 3

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

Caitlin Ransley - 3

Donna Rose - 2

Rhiannon Ransley - 2

Well we've had another fantastic weekend here at QSSC for our most recent summer lessons.  Refining rein positions with the Level 1 class, beginning our impulsion programmes for the Level 2 class, developing feel and furthering positive reflexes with the Level 3 class and wowee - adding elevation into our online work with the HiM class!  Awesome stuff everyone.  We also took a look at ways to help our horses to be right and having their ideas become our ideas without making or forcing them to do what we want, but rather setting it up so they made the decisons and discoveries themselves.  Which of course leads to better leadership, a stronger bond and connection and greater rapport.  It was a very exciting weekend and so great to see where everyone has got to.

We also got some more assignments done and revisited and fine tuned our Perfect Study plans.  Phew!....we sure fit a lot in to two and a half days.

Congratulations to Fiona on her first purple tick for her HiM short range.  Both Fiona and Vicki are now getting elevation in their horse's movement which is super, super exciting.  Dusty and Coolie are getting very soft, calm and floaty it is just gorgeous to watch.  And all the better when you consider that neither horse is a spring chicken any more.  Just wonderful.

Next weekend we have our contact, collection and elevation weekend so I hope to see you all here for that.  I still have positions available in the HiM class so do let me know  if you'd like a spot.  The HiM class is the first one of the weekend and will be the perfect warm up for all riders in all classes so if you are booked for the L1, L2 or L3 class then this is an ideal way to get the most from your weekend.

See you all then and keep ticking those boxes!!

Vicki Kilborn - 2

Georgia Rose - 1

Liam Ransley - 3

Chrissie Jenkins - 1

Caitlin Ransley - 3

Donna Rose - 2

Rhiannon Ransley - 2

Fiona Prescott - 1

Congratulations to Chrissie, Georgia and Al who all got Blue or Purple Ticks today.  Woohoo....kicking goals in Summer Lessons 2020.

Well done everyone.

Vicki Kilborn - 2

Georgia Rose - 2

Liam Ransley - 3

Chrissie Jenkins - 2

Caitlin Ransley - 3

Donna Rose - 2

Rhiannon Ransley - 2

Fiona Prescott - 1

Allan Mitchel - 1

Good morning Meredith, 

Just checking out what i need to bring for the weekend , the time of arrivals,  will there be some where to boil a billy . Looking forward to this weekend have a great day.

Hi Simone.....I'll probably do a seminar / demo of some kind tomorrow night....seeing as I have the chance.  So any time from 5pm onward tomorrow.  We'll have our usual chat at 8.30am Saturday morning and yes the kettle will be on.  Oh and we've ordered pizza for everyone for Saturday night.  It'll be a ripper weekend.  See you soon.

Cool bananas ,

see you then, really looking forward to the weekend so much going on and so much to be learnt and PIZZA'S. 

Goodness it has been a while since I have updated this.  We've had a few hiccups with rain and flooding etc and some rescheduling to do.....so we should be officially finished by now.  In fact we've even how our wonderful wrap up pizza on the hilltop dinner here at Woolooga (yay and so yummy!) and our  fabulous wrap up brekky - again on a hilltop.....there seems to be a theme here!....a Crystal Creek.  But we've still got a few more weeks of homework to finish and another lot of assignments to put in plus a makeup weekend in June to go.  So the fun and achievement continue.  :)

I've also got loads of piccies to upload so stay tuned for those.

To date we have some more Blue and Purple tick to add.  See below.  And we still have quite a few more REALLY close to blue ticks which is just awesome.

Well done to all of my summer lesson participants.  It has been once again a FABULOUS  summer and I've loved every minute of it with you all.  Keep at it for a few more weeks and lets go out with a BANG!  Well....you know what I mean.

Vicki Kilborn - 3

Georgia Rose - 2

Liam Ransley - 3

Chrissie Jenkins - 3

Caitlin Ransley - 3

Donna Rose - 2

Rhiannon Ransley - 2

Fiona Prescott - 1

Allan Mitchel - 1

Jen Harley - 1

What fantastic achievements for everyone!   Looks like you all had a very productive summer. And of course I know you all appreciate being able to have Meredith personally coach you over the summer too! ;)

Well done.