• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Kerri_

I did it! Cantering out on trail.

Feeling on top of the world!

The story behind this is my horse Ozzie had 18months of due to a paddock injury.  He had two tears in his tendon in hock area. It has all healed well, so we are back at it again. I needed some extra help by a professional as a lot of rehabilitation like phisotherapy was needed to help out Ozzie. I tried to the best of my abilities ,but needed extra help. He was not wanting to use his hind quarters at all,lost all soft feel and was very braced and stiff, lost his confidence and mine also.  It was so sad for me to see him like this. So I decided to put him into horse training with our awesome QS professional Fiona Prescott Five days of training and hand over was today,day six. We have been in contact everyday on Ozzie's progress. He emotions have been good,it was more physically hard for him.

In hand over this morning ,I,ll admit I was a tad nervous,but I had full trust in Fiona. I am still blown away on how beautiful he is to ride again. I never imagined that here I,d be out cantering around weaving in and out of the trees having so much fun. Also doing level 2 riding.What a cracker of a horse I have. He is a real star,and can't thank Fiona enough for not only getting soft feel back again and building Ozzie's confidence, self carraige, him starting to use his hind quarters ,and to show me how to continue on from now on. Think I might have a cry now. Tears of joy. 

Thank you so very much Fiona.:D

Oh Kerri, how wonderful for you and Oz!! So great to hear that he is feeling confident again, and using his hind quarter! Good on you Fiona Prescott, bit of awesome right there!!

Ok Kerri  ,Fiona  told us what really happen !

You and Ozzie  did heaps more than you wrote great story by the way ,  bring on that red string girl.......

Wow thank you Kerri,

I am honoured at how much trust you placed in me to not only help Ozzie out, but also to trust me enough to not hesitate and just go for it!  What great results you had, and to see the smile on your face as you were riding him was priceless.  Such joy!

Ozzie has had to come a long way in his physical recovery, but with such a good improvement in just 5 days, I am sure he will be back to normal in no time at all.

He is an absolute delight to have around.

Congratulations Kerry and Ozzie! Well done Fiona! 

So many positives and amazing examples of what people need to see and do to achieve their dreams in your story.

Physio, the time it takes to heal, seeing when your horse needs help, acknowledging that you need help and its ok, seeing what's in the best interest for you and your horse, seeking help, asking, trusting, keeping in contact, throwing your heart out there and going after it. Trusting in the process. Finding the right people. 

So many people bauk at any one of these obstacles and stop. My hats off to you Kerry for seeing through it and keeping on keeping on. Reminds me of your coaches attitude to things.... funny how you find your people in life isn't it!

Congratulations, how exciting!

Woohoo!.....this is so fabulous to hear Kerri.  I'm so happy for you and for Ozzie.  What a joyous result.  Well done to you, Ozzie and awesome job Fiona, for getting through all that you've been through this last 18 months and getting back on track.

Yay!.....

:) xxx

Congratulations Kerri, well done you. 
Very pleased to hear Ozzie is getting back on track. Just shows how getting that extra bit of help can just make all the difference to tip the scales in your favour! There will be no stopping you now! 

Congratulations Kerri, you may be on cloud nine.