• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
shaw

Submitting assignments

I have been remiss lodging my assignments. So many excuses!! One main excuse has been total embarrassment of my ability it L2 liberty. It has been my sticking point for about a year.

When Mel offered us an 8 week program intensive I thought 'now or never.'

An assignment needs to be filmed fortnightly as a part of the intensive.

Lordy! I had a lesson with Mel a few weeks ago, made pretty good progress, now go home and practice.

Mel said my practice wouldn't look as good as when she is there. No truer words spoken. I fell in a heap, felt like I was going backwards. But I had committed to my 8 weeks, so in went the assignment. I felt so embarrassed. Felt I was hopeless and was getting nowhere.

Mel gave me feedback...... and how was it? I was over the moon...we are going well, we had progressed. 

This gave me the biggest boost to go out and practice more and we are getting better and better.

I am so glad I submitted this assignment, my practice is progressing. Today we had some really great moments with our liberty. Watch out Mel, another video coming your way in a week!!

And I don't care how it looks because it's mine and Dolly's progress, our journey and our ultimate gain. I am now an assignment fan again because its like an intensive lesson!!

My only regret is not submitting more often, because real progress can be made!! I wont be shy or embarrassed again.:clap:

Woohoo!  I am so glad you followed through Meredith.  We can get so caught up with how we think things might be going that it can really hold us up.  

As Nike says...just do it!

That's so fantastic and so so true! "Put the assignments in for feedback" We've all heard it so often and I know I can get caught up on "it's not good enough", so thank you for the reminder! :D

Bravo Meredith! Well said. I’m taking the same approach. Enjoy the journey & the the discoveries. 

Well done Meredith! 

Very pleased for you and the discoveries you are making :clap:

Fantastic Meredith.  This is such a fabulous post and such great advice for everyone.  Your journey is your journey, so no matter what it looks or feels like it's yours so it is important.  So you do need to get them in often so your coach can help you to keep making the best progress toward your goals as possible.

And one thing I can definitely promise you, is that no one in QS is going to be looking at your videos and judging you.  We're all in this together and we are all invested in helping each other to live their dreams.

Any journey in life is always more enjoyable with friends.

:)