• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mel offered me a 8 week program to tackle the pesky L2 liberty. Our ridden L2 had not really progressed as I'd like and  Mel confided in me........ If I wanted to get ahead with my ridden, I needed to look liberty in the eye. The 8 week program was an opportunity to really knock this on the head.

Dolly and I have been kicking goals with our liberty. Our connection has been building and my confidence has been rising. I have discovered the real meaning of body life and intent and best of all connection. Did I mention the connection? I have all the skills now to finesse liberty and work towards our blue ticks. 

Our ridden impulsion program (which has taken a momentary back step) has always seen me having trouble trotting on the straight lines of an arena fence. Poor Dolly, she'd speed up (feeding off my fear) and I'd freak, grab the rein and she'd throw her head and react. Cantering was off the cards. My confidence was dropping.

But..... this program of Mel's has given me new found riding confidence. Today I rode the fence at a walk, trot and CANTER and transitioned down both directions(messy looking but she knew what I asked for)) using my body life!!! Then I thought, lets try some figure 8's posting, using my seat and focus to change direction.....hands off the rein! Success!!! Her head was low and it felt amazing... I couldn't stop. ....haha

For the grand finale we did a pinch test backwards, sideways and forward.  

I think we have turned the corner, today we were a real team. It felt amazing. And I cannot stop smiling. 

Well done Meredith!  Dolly and yourself have made HUGE progress with your liberty over the last few weeks and i am so pleased to hear that your ride today went so well. 

Enjoy your new found connection i cant wait to see what you get up to next!

Well done Meredith, so glad to see your consistent efforts are paying off. 

Just goes to show how everything in the program is there in its place for a reason.

Whoop whoop!

Wow Meredith, Congratulations on taking the huge leap of faith. Trusting the belief your coach has in you, and trying a new paradigm.

It sure does pay off. Enjoy the new relationship with your horse!

Jill

Woohoo!....fantastic Meredith.  So pleased for you and for Dolly.  Your lives are about to change in a BIG way.

Well done on tackling your hurdles and getting through them with help from Marvelous Mel!

:)

Tah Dah!  well done!

The pesky straight lines have been a hurdle for many, and it certainly takes some patience, practice and trust to work through this, however what an achievement when you crack it! 

Sometimes we just need some "frank" talking to ourselves and from others to stop avoiding things that we think are hard and break it down into manageable tasks.  The perfect study plan is great for that, and Mel had you on the right path.  Great work for putting that all into practice and seeing the results.

Woohoo!  There is no stopping you now! 

And... Im pretty sure Meredith has a blue tick on this assignment now so double well done to you!

Oooh aaah.....a blue tick Meredith?  Yay for you and Dolly.

:)

Yes it's true!  Dolly and I successfully passe L2  liberty skills check. I'm so excited and happy. The 8 week program works. Thanks Mel. My relationship with Dolly has improved so much. 

Whoop whoop! A program that works... Imagine that ;)

Woohoo Meredith and Dolly.  You have an amazing relationship and are kicking boxes

keep up the fantastic work:clap:

Fantastic news Meredith. 

well done to you and Dolly:clap: