• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi everyone.....I could really use your help at the moment.  I am currently finishing off our new QS info pack for new people inquiring about our wonderful programme.  All of our new members for the last 6 months or so, have been receiving the new QS Members info packs, which are full of anything and everything you need to know as a new member of our community and I am doing something similar to this but for completely new people who want to find our more.

I have the full pack, which has brochures and demo DVDs as well as a smaller fold out tri-fold which is more of an abridged version.  And I really could use some input with this.

What questions would you have, or what info would you like to see in a QS info pack?  When you first came to QS, what were you looking for, hoping to find, wanting to know more about?

QS Profs, what do you get asked about most?

All feedback gratefully accepted.  I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

:)

oh I will have to give it some thought.  Lets see,

What happens at a practice day?

How do I get help with getting started with my homework cards?

Maybe something from existing students or profs- like "our favourite three tips, or things we wished we had known when first getting started"  this might help bridge the barrier, between student and prof?  

A simple guide to 1.watch module, 2 print and read book 3. print off homework cards,  4 go outside and practice! 5. film an assignment. 

Maybe an online list of places to visit - such as practice group fb pages, prof pages, qsports etc 

I will keep thinking.....

For me it’s mostly helping people navigate their membership and the website and encouraging that first forum post, then guiding students through that first assignment upload. 
There is so much info now in the welcome packs I don’t think I could add anything more helpful. 

Thank you ladies....keep it coming.  The more the better so I know I've got it all covered.

Great feedback thanks Jen.  All that is in the members info pack as you said, so hopefully that is all covered now.  It's all gone out in an email for years but I am hoping the printed version is making things easier for everyone.

Thanks Simone....there is a glossary of terms in the first theory booklets....we did used to have a flyer for that also.  Maybe I can include one in the members info pack.

Thank you Fiona....this is really helpful.  I'll recheck what is in the QS Members info pack as I think we've covered most of that but I'll take another look at see if it is clear enough.

Just to reiterate, what I am really needing is info to help people who are taking their first look at QS, rather than people who are getting started on the programme.  This info pack is for people making their first enquiries.  Who have heard of it but are just wanting to find out a bit mote.

What questions would you have, or what info would you like to see in a QS info pack?  When you first came to QS, what were you looking for, hoping to find, wanting to know more about?

QS Profs, what do you get asked about most?

I am still thinking about this, maybe something about, " what gear would I need?" or "will this work for my horse?" .  I think people in the normal world are expecting they need to have all the latest gear, or gadgets, and that their loved pony isn't flashy enough.  I think reassuring them that its for "everyone" is helpful.

Hi Meredith

I am someone very new to QS. I have your newsletter and the 'congrats on joining QS' information leaflet next to me. I've just had a re-read of the information leaflet and I think it's really good. I am know wishing I had read it more closely as I have had difficulty uploading assignments and working out how to pay...and it was all there in the introduction leaflet -on the 8th page. 

I guess my feedback as a complete beginner to the whole QS experience is my primary focus when first joining up was - how do I purchase the stick and rope etc, you are using in the video - I still cannot workout 'shop'. I bought my equipment elsewhere...would have much rather bought it from QS. My second focus was how to upload and pay for coaching, my fault for not reading thru the info' properly, however I used to write newsletters and information packs that needed to be updated monthly (did this for 4 years) for a business and I learnt very quickly people tune out after a certain amount of information is given to them, no matter how important. The best way to combat this is to make each topic highly visual - in different ways. A 'contents' on first or second page was SO important or people would come back to me and say you never put that in there!  For excample

QS membership information -page 2

want more? - add on coaching - page 3

the levels program - page

The modules - pg

etc.

I hope this helps in some way? My apologies if I'm being presumptuous!

Melissa :))

Terrific thank you very much Melissa.  All feedback is very gratefully received.  We want to make QS as effective ad easy for people to find and do as possible.

To answer your questions.  :)

The QShop; right now we are going through a reshuffle with manufacturing some products.  So the shop is a bit quiet right now and we're low on stock.  Generally you should just be able to click on Shop at the top of the page and then choose the item you want.  Right now we do have a wait on sticks and strings I am sorry.

I am glad you've found the info ow for your uploads.

And yep....very much agree re the info pack and people tuning out.  Our attention span over the years has shrunk considerably (we've had to change our videos etc radically since we first did them.....the old ones are fabulous but very long compared to nowadays.  ;) ).  The info pack you got was one of the early edits and I am still working on these.  Eventually they will be presented in a folder with various flyers etc so they'll be more visually and kinesthetically engaging) but for now we just wanted to get the info out.

I will go back over it though and highlight the assignment upload bit and also the different membership types.

It is great to get he feedback though.  Please do keep it coming.  We can put it out in a way we think will help people but if we're missing the mark or just missing something, we need to know.