• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Meredith

FREE Online Clinic with Meredith

Hi Meredith I would like to attend this with Blue.

I have the L2 assignment 9 to complete and have started groundwork in L3.

What do I need to do this end computer wise to attend?

Shell.

Oh what a great idea and offer, thank you! I would love to attend as an auditor, cause I think timewise I'll only be able to join now and then, maybe to the chats on Saturday... don't know how it'll work, but would love to give it a try! :thumbsup:

Thank you Judy.  I think it will be great.  I'd like to do something similar for Europe /UK also, just need to work out the timing.  But we can talk about that on Saturday and see what we can come up with.

:)

Count me in!

Sounds awesome  Meredith, 

I'm  in !!!

Zoom is my only set back.

Love your work :thumbsup:

Thank you girls.  I am excited about this.  I love what I do and having the opportunity to share the weekend with you all is just wonderful.  I need to start a list below so I can keep track of where everyone is at for this event.  In the future I will host more level specific events but for now a revisit of general horsemanship will be really beneficial for everyone at all levels.We'll be covering all sorts of things as per my focus over the summer during my summer lessons.

Shell, all you'll need to do, when the time comes next Saturday morning (next week not this week) is log on to the Forum just before 9am.  I will post the link here for everyone and you just click on it and away you go.  Have your notepad and pencil ready as we'll be taking notes.

Simone, you'll be fine with zoom...it is pretty easy.  As I mentioned just click on the link.

One of the first tasks I want to look at is how our horses are moving, which will tell us a lot about their impulsion, lateral softness, emotional state and range of movement.  We'll look at a few videos of this, so if you'd like me to look at your horse specifically, you can do a short  5 min video before hand and upload it to the forum.  I just need to see some short range circles into sideways (as per the L1 assignment), just at the walk will do  and please show both sides.  We'll need at least 4 circles each way but please make your video no more than 5 mins long so we can allow enough time to look at a couple of them.  You can tag your video Virtual Clinic with Meredith Task 1.

We have plenty of room for more participants so please do sign up folks before next Wednesday at 5pm

Level 1

Level 2 - Shell, Simone, Judy

Level 3 - Jen, Georgia

Hi Meredith can Dolly and i join L2, please? I want to try to my two remaining liberty assignments

Meredith  i just read you want some filmimg uploaded. Can you be more specific please? I need to drive a distance to Dolly and just want go be sure im filming correct things. Thanks in advance

This sounds exciting, I'm really looking forward to it!! I'll see if I can film something till next week...otherwise I'll just be happy to catch up on what you guys will have done throughout the day, as I am 8 hours back...Meredith, will there be recordings of the chats please, to rewatch? :) My plan for the next weeks and the still limited time I have with Zoe is to start working on our groundwork impulsion programme again, as she still has this lack of forward and impulsion. Maybe there is some time during the weekend to talk about this part of L2 :)

9 hours ago, Meredith said:

I just need to see some short range circles into sideways (as per the L1 assignment), just at the walk will do  and please show both sides.  We'll need at least 4 circles each way but please make your video no more than 5 mins long so we can allow enough time to look at a couple of them.  You can tag your video Virtual Clinic with Meredith Task 1

Terrific Meredith.  I'll add you in.  This is a general horsemanship clinic and will benefit everyone of all levels.  We may not be looking at specific things in the programme but we will look at key general things that will help everyone with things like, impulsion, connection, emotional fitness and self carriage.  So Task No 1 is as above.  It is basically short range circles at the walk, in both direction flowing into sideways as per level 1.  No stops, no pauses.  Jen Renouf did one the other day in her post on 'help with laterals' I think it was?  We'll look at a few videos over the weekend......we won't be able to do everyone's for every task but we'll look at as many as we can and as many different people / horses as we can.

Judy we can chat about your question this Saturday in our online chat if you like?

Level 1

Level 2 - Shell, Simone, Judy, Meredith S

Level 3 - Jen, Georgia

Yes, cool! :thumbsup:

Hi Meredith,

I'd love to join in with Connor L2 . We are working on our liberty, one rein and contact assignments.

I could also do some pre videoing for you...is there anything else that you would like st see other than short range circles to sideways ??

Keen to practice some HiM :-)

Cheers

TKP

Yeah ! I would also like to join in … but maybe just partially too…  I am excited to hear what you say about impulsion and forward, because this is a big topic for me... I often need big phases to achieve a reaction and I use my tools too much. I just don´t have a good body energy !!!:(

Terrific girls.....I'll add you both to the group.

Tania, we'll be looking at a few exercises over the weekend as a group - so we'll all be working on the same things just at different levels.  The first task we're exploring is how our horses move, what their forward is like, their range of movement and lateral softness.  All this in short range circles!  We won't be able to look at every horse for every task (the same as in a live clinic) but we'll look at a range of examples and over the course of the weekend we'll try to look at every horse and rider at least once - depending on how many riders we have.

So I will get you to do more filming if you can over the weekend but for now we'll need a few examples of this first task for me to VOV before we start, just to get us going.

We'll be looking at roughly 6 - 8 tasks depending on how we go for time.

Aileen I'd love you to join me for whatever you can.  We'll need to work out something in a better time slot for you in Europe at some point.  But this will be fun I reckon.

Level 1

Level 2 - Shell, Simone, Judy, Meredith S, Aileen, Tania

Level 3 - Jen, Georgia

I'd love to join too Meredith. I will do it with Fizz. So pre Level 1...

Not sure about the girls yet, Ill check with them....

Thanks for this opportunity Put my name on the list. I’ll be working with Rusty. 

Hi, 

i'd like to join in too if i can please?

Great chat earlier xx

Hi Meredith

I'd love to join in too. Thanks for providing this! Will start practicing the task above :)

Melissa & Katana

HI Meredith, 
I clicked the going link on the event last week but I missed this conversation.  Can you ad me please - probably with Bandito...or Diago as well?

Thanks everyone.....only 2 more days to register.

Mel do you want Bandido down as L1 or L2?  It doesn't matter a whole lot as we'll all be doing the same tasks just at our own level.

Level 1 - Melissa, Jill, Bandido ?  / Mel, Liam

Level 2 - Shell, Simone, Judy, Meredith S, Aileen, Tania, Sharon, Tracy M, Rhiannon, Caitlin

Level 3 - Jen, Georgia, Diago / Mel

Folks be sure to have your note pads and pens at the ready.  You'll need to be able to view VOV on a device.  If you want to share your videos you'll need to be ready to film (we'll look at as many as we can but won't be able to see them all). AND...you'll need to have a cuppa and something yummy to nibble during our chat sessions.

This is going to be great!

Wow, I am such a computer spastic! It's taken me ages to work out how to comment on this link but I still do not know how to 'accept' the invitation to participate.

I would like to participate in this clinic on the 25th & 26th Meredith so please register my attendance.

I'll do the video tomorrow and upload it. It will be with Bill & I.

Cheers, Deb.