• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey everyone,

today I had a real liberty tah dah....:wub:

to the story:

I started the liberty "work" with monty one month ago and it started very very bad. He just went away and ate gras, just saw nothing interesting in me.. the truth! But we developed our comfort spot, he went away, but came to me again more and more and was happy about my positive words and the cuddle. If he went away I tried to get him back through a hindquarter yield and if he reacted I directly turned around, facing him with my back, relaxed myself and he came again. If this sometimes didn´t work, because he was focused too much on other things ;-) he has got a bit discomfort and had to stay in trot until his decision was to come again (when he payed attention to me again, I showed him that he can come in, If he wants). It took a long time to get this comfort spot, but I already see, that he has more motivation to go foreward and to comfort. I don´t know if this makes sense !? I think liberty is a very sensitive topic and you can really fast hurt your horse mentally through just let them go away from pressure, but not to comfort (okay you can do this with everything you do..)... so they maybe do, but just to avoid pressure. Maybe you need a bit pressure in the beginning but it´s going to be less and less when your comfort spot developes. Ok, back to the topic....I am so happy that all this time we spent in creating a comfort spot pays out now. Today I could made every yield, even the (for us) very difficult no contact back up and the hindquarter yields, while monty stayed with me...relaxed and happy to be with me... :) someone maybe doesn´t see a big difference, but for us it is a big step in our relationship.:inlove:

Fantastic Aileen, I'm so happy for you!! :clap: Liberty is my favourite as it's so pure and honest, isn't it! I know too well how happy you must be to see your relationship with Monty deepen through it, well done :wub:

That is a lovely discovery to make Lieni. Finding comfort is so important to our horses and they respond really well when you get it right, as you have discovered! I love liberty and look forward to putting it in my sessions again. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

Lovely story and thank you for sharing with us your progress. 

Monty must be enjoying the interesting sessions you have been having, can you imagine what a change liberty would be for him, to actually have the option to leave and then make the choice to stay - so lovely to give the gift of options.

Your relationship will continue to build and grow, looking forward to seeing those liberty assignments!

Hallo Alieen ,

Liberty is a game changer for you and your horse its nice to know you have a tool  e.g. forgot your ropes ,  to have a session with out any equipment , just remember to keep smiling and have fun with liberty .

Meredith would also say Turkish bath (open hand).