Become a QS Member!

33 replies to this topic

whitepantheress

whitepantheress
  • Basic Member
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Horses -esp Jack, Scouting, Camping, Campdrafting

Hi Whitepanteress,

I understand your concern and can assure you that there is no criticism on this site. I had exactly the same concerns when I first started the program but made the choice to follow this program only and not compete. That was my personal decision, and the right one for me. My husband Terry on the other hand, who is also a QS member and currently a level 1 graduate with one horse and working on level 2 as well as working on level 1 with another horse, has remained in competition. He also competes in campdrafting and both horses he is working with compete regularly in drafting. I think the key to success is to work through the program in it entirety following the program, completing assignments. If you want to compete as well go for it. I don't think success will come easily if you try to only pluck bits and pieces from the program as all you'll end up getting back out of the program is bits and pieces in return. Go along to that course with Deb, I promise you that once embraced you will never look back.

Thanks Lou, that was my thinking, follow the program properly, and to try all techniques and complete the assignments. When campdraft training I would use my campdraft stuff on top of not instead of the QS training if that makes sense. I had just heard that some people in certain programs are a bit pushy, and thought I'd stick my head in and check first :-)

Good to hear other drafters are using QS too :-)
If you always do what you have always done,
You will always get what you have always gotten!

TraceyE

TraceyE
  • Module 5
  • 4,085 posts
  • Interests:My Family and a better deal for our horses
  • Is a:Level 3 Graduate
Hi
I was campdrafting and doing endurance on 2 different horses just prior to finding QS. I continued to compete and dabble in QS for my first year. Then the more QS I learnt the more I realised how much this was going to help me with my competing. LOOOOONG story, I am now passionate about QS and learning as much as I can, there is just so much to learn. I put my competing on hold for a while so I could focus on 'Really Improving my horsemanship' I am nearly finished level 3 and using my new developed skills to do what ever I want, I am using a once phscho arab for dressage, sporting and mustering.

No-one will push you to do anything you don't want to. Eveyone's journey, wants and needs are different. I would think using the QS principles to make the world a better place for the horse is far more proactive then 'pushing' people to do or not to do what they want.

You will only find support on this forum and sure there will be lots of references to the program, as it is written in an order, to keep people and horses safe. The program is what we all study so I guess this is where all the references will come from.

Everyone is welcome here, I look forward to one day meeting you at Deb and Al's :) ;)

Cheers Tracey

I am happy to help anyone wanting support to study the Quantum Savvy Horsemanship Program in

Chinchilla, South West QLD, Australia. Ph: 0411 106 651.

What's In It For The Horse?

whitepantheress

whitepantheress
  • Basic Member
  • 47 posts
Thanks Tracey :-)

All sounding good so far. I think some structured exercises for getting Jack (the supernugget) to move how I ask him to and to get him thinking and working with me in a relaxed and focused way would really improve our relationship.

Natural horsemanship is not new for me, I have been applying it from early on in my riding career, but I have never worked through a structured course, and with a 4yo I think this would be of benefit.

Cheers :-)

nickyk

nickyk
  • Basic Member
  • 207 posts
Hi Whitepantheress,

This was exactly my concern, as I was happy with the conventional lessons I was having with my instructor, and was actively competing at Dressage.

I still do this, although I have noticed that by choice QS has become more of my focus. I now have only one conventional lesson a week and don't really ride conventionally other than maybe a ride-out with a bridle at the weekend. We still compete at dressage and are looking to introduce some jumping as he loves it - we probably go out every month or so. I have actually found that since doing QS our competition results improved - from being placed last in our classes, at our last outing we received a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Personally I don't think that is coincidence and that QS has enabled this to happen!

The only thing I would prepare yourself for is the very real chance that you will begin to want to practice QS more and in doing so will naturally begin to concentrate more on QS than your conventional riding. My good friend Monica made sure I was aware of this before I went down this path. For me it was a no-brainer, our relationship is far more important than our achievements in the conventional sphere so I do not mind that I am now tending more towards a pure QS life with my horse - he's even going barefoot at the moment which is almost unheard of (and frowned upon) on the conventional circuit in the UK.

Provided you are happy with this possibility then I would go for it, as it really does enhance all aspects of your riding and time with your horse.

Nicky xx

whitepantheress

whitepantheress
  • Basic Member
  • 47 posts
Thanks Nicky :-)

I am prepared to be addicted.

Tara

mel

mel
  • Young Horse Trainer
  • 4,883 posts
  • Interests:Horses
  • Is a:Level 3 Graduate
  • Local:S Instructor
Hi Whitepantheress,
Welcome to the fourm and to QS. The others have given you some wonderful advice and I just wanted to add that we reccommend people follow the programme in order to keep everyone safe. One of your concerns was about having to follow the techniques that we teach - and you are right, there are so many different horses and combinations, so we use our techniques as tools - always looking for which tool to use at the right time. There are no hard and fast rules but there are things that we have found works better than others. The techniques that we teach all follow our 3 core principals: 1. Horse should have Comfort. 2. Horses learn by when option are offered 3. Success is found by following a repeatable programme

With the experience you already have, I think you will find that going through the programme will complement what you already do, and making your foundations more solid has got to be a good thing. With the things that you have already got going good, you will find that you will move more quickly through those parts of the programme and you may even find that the things that you have got going good, will get even better. This is the part that I really love, we are never trying to be better than anyone else, we are just trying to better ourselves.
Mel Peacock

MelandAbbey1-300x200.jpg

Senior Instructor and Grade 3 Horse Trainer
Ph; 0429 873 120
www.melpeacock.com.au |  www.qssunraysia.com.au
www.facebook.com/MelPeacockQSH  |  www.facebook.com/QSSunraysia   |   www.facebook.com/QSHorsemanshipGoldfields

Become a QS Member with Mel as your personal Coach!

My Videos

monica

monica
  • Module 6
  • 3,153 posts
  • Interests:Making the human world a better place for horses, regardless of what activity we pursue with them.
  • Is a:Level 2 Graduate

This is the part that I really love, we are never trying to be better than anyone else, we are just trying to better ourselves.

Very nicely said Mel!

Welcome Tara!

I was a "Dressage Queen" when I ran into QS.... then suddenly I found there had been a two year gap where even though I had the super horse (Nickyk's Max), the transport, the time, the means, the skills, the "everythings" - I hadn't been out chasing qualifiers and trying to get to the top national competitions anymore... something changed!!

Three years later, the "bug" is starting to take hold again and I can sense that I will be out comnpeting again soon - this time with a horse going to comfort rather that away from pressure and in Natural Flexion!

It would be great to have you join us on the forum sharing how you apply what you learn in your QS journey in your competitive riding. The more people that are out there, applying the principles in the eye of the public, the better the world will be for horses.

Look forward to hearing from you again soon,
Monica
(England)

whitepantheress

whitepantheress
  • Basic Member
  • 47 posts
OK, I'm getting paypal organised, and will start jack and my adventure into QS asap.

We had an awesome ride yesterday, and the trust is really building between Jack and
myself, and I feel now is a good time to extend on that momentum, and see how far we
can extend this :-)

Further Jack enthusing will go in a different thread. I have decided to give this a
good solid go and let Jack show me what he thinks. (I suspect some initial resistance,
but i'll give him time to work it out in his head first ;-) )

Thanks for the supportive and honest replies everyone.

cheryl54

cheryl54
  • Basic Member
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:horses, learning, gardening, challenges

I became a member due to our lovely QS "play days" in Horsham. :horse: I absolutely love it, Adele does a great job. I have two horses, an ex-racehorse and ex-trotter. After seeing the confusing array of natural horsemanship training \relationship methods, QS seems to be more direct and relaxed, putting the horse comfort first, the explanations and quality of the video lessons are great!!  I owned a horse in my teens, I am now 60, (where did the time go?). 

Shane and Meredith, you are really wonderful and thoughtful, your videos are easy to understand. Love them and so glad that I became a member

l :cheers:

Cheryl

vicki marr

vicki marr
  • Basic Member
  • 4,067 posts
  • Interests:Living my dreams . . . . .
  • Is a:Level 1 Graduate
  • Local:Group Organiser

Hi Cheryl and welcome . . . . Adele certainly is a pretty special person and I am really pleased that you are enjoying her play days.  She is a great example for what can be achieved by following the fantastic Quantum Savvy program that Shane and Meredith have put together together for us to follow.  It's so easy . . . . you just need to keep following each step and ticking those boxes.

I hope you are going to take advantage the clinic coming up next weekend with QS Senior Instructor Mel Peacock.  What a better way to start your journey . . . . . have lots of fun :thumbsup:

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts
  • Interests:MY BABIES!!!!....horses, people, teaching, learning

Hi Cheryl and a very warm welcome to the Forum.  Im sure you'll love it here as the others have already said....it is a very supportive place and the QS family is all about helping and encouraging each other.

Good luck with your journey.  You are in great company with Adele.  I look forward to hearing more about your journey as you progress.

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Quantum Savvy Horsemanship
enquiries@quantumsavvy.com
Meredith's Blog

del

del
  • Gold Member
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:family,home,garden,reading every thing horsey.Am a Level 1 graduate having got 3 through level1
  • Is a:Level 1 Graduate
  • Local:Group Organiser

Hi Cheryl,

those were lovely words about our play days Thank you.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend with Mel. She will help you with Mejec and you will go ahead in leaps and bounds.

The program is certainly easy to follow and the results speak for themselves 

Cheers Adele and Jabba, Dal, Deek, Jay and Plonk and Dot

ann

ann
  • Basic Member
  • 1,122 posts
  • Interests:Horses, having fun and making people laugh

G'day.

Just a couple of questions regarding membership (so much has changed since I was last a member).

What level of access does Bronze Membership bring.  Access to assignments (viewing only? I realise Bronze doesn't come with coaching).  Am I able to start a PG with Bronze Membership?  I seem to remember GO's had to be active members (ie. sending assignments in for coaching).  Is this still the same?

Access to chat room (can't access as basic member).

Is it a simple move to transfer Bronze to Silver Membership?

Does purchasing Modules 3 and up ($110) include the lesson packs or do they need to be purchased separately or are they all electronic copies now (which I'm fine with).  Modules 1 and 2 cover Level 1 lessons don't they.

You've probably noticed me "scoping" for a week or so Shane and Meredith. LOL.  I have a friend who has just bought a 12 month old filly (she is 12 yo) and I'm just really concerned about her safety (Filly has already kicked Kalena) and also the filly's long term prospects if started the wrong way.  

Looking forward to jumping on the QS wagon again, although my two old boys (Eddie and Nugget) may not share my enthusiasm. :) They both would certainly benefit from more work.

Hear from you soon.  

XO

NOTHING SO FINE, AS THE VIEW FROM BEHIND, A SET OF HORSES EARS.

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts
  • Interests:MY BABIES!!!!....horses, people, teaching, learning

Hi Ann.  Its fantastic to see you here on the forum again and renewing your membership!  We've missed you.  Great to hear Eddie and Nugget are still going....they'll love the stimulation and exercise (well they will at some point Im sure!  LOL).

Yes your Bronze membership gives you access to all of the forum and the discounts etc but does not include the coaching.  Silver does include coaching and yep its easy to upgrade when ever you want.  With Bronze and Silver you'd need to purchase the Modules, these replace the old Lesson Packs.  So you probably already have some of these to get going, so just switch to Modules once you've finished the Packs you have.  Yep, Modules 1 and 2 are Level 1.

Great to have you with us again Ann.  Looking forward to catching up more here on the forum.  Give the boys a carrot for me.

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Quantum Savvy Horsemanship
enquiries@quantumsavvy.com
Meredith's Blog

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users