Cheshire Ridden Workshop

Special Event during this years UK Tour

1 day Ridden Workshop with Meredith Ransley

Springfield Farm Great Warford Cheshire

Friday August 14th

9am to 5pm

Cost; riders - QS Members £95 / non members £120

auditors - QS members £20 / non members £30

In this workshop, spend a full day developing your independant seat so that you can become more confident in riding than ever before and learn how to stay in true harmony with your horse's motion at all gaits. Also learn to better understand the importance of good rider dynamics and how they effect every step your horse takes.

For bookings or more information please contact host Antonia Rooney

antonia.rooney@btinternet.com or phone 0797 469 6730

This workshop is for advanced Level 1 students and above.

I want to do one of these too!!!

How many deposits do I need!

HI Meredith

I want one of these too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a huge group down here and we can arrange an undercovered arena (my group like undercover!!)...........

How do I organise one of those?

Cheers

Belinda

I am thinking December the 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hi guys.....Im glad you're so keen! That's terrific. This workshop is actually half of the Harmony in Motion clinic which is one day on the ground and one day in the saddle. It looks at getting in tune with your horse and both of you staying soft and light together in your ground work and in the saddle. Things like lateral flexion on the circle at liberty / online, smooth direction changes, subtle transitions through all gaits. It really develops your body energy and body language.

In the ridden section is about rider confidence for L1'ers, smooth transitions for all levels (L2 re canter leads and diagonals, transitions to comfort - no leg / Level 3 maintaining flexion in transitions). Also looks at your seat and rider position so that you look and feel more harmonious when your ride. So, something for everyone.

If you want to book a clinic then its just the same as all other clinics...get your min 6 riders and fill in an event checklist etc. If you want to just do the workshop it needs to be either attached to a clinic (i.e. the Friday or Monday) or here at QSSC (still needs to be midweek if its here). With only a limited number of weekends I can't really tie up a whole weekend for a one day event if that makes sense.

As with the RFT and BR clinics this one is also available as an advanced clinic for L1 or L2 grads.

Hi Meredith,

OK sounds fantastic, I would love to have a L2 one of these clinics. Is it ok to hold in the undercovered arena at Arundel? If so please let me know and I will put up an expression of interest for the dates Sunday?Monday 13/14 December if that is ok, if so what is the best way to word my post in regards to saying exactly what the name of the clinic is- would it be Harmony in Motion?

Do you have those dates available as they are the only dates the RDA has spare this year?

Cheers

Belinda

Belinda the covered RDA arena would be perfect for this clinic. You don't need a lot of room just enough work space for the 10 riders so I think we'd all fit just fine.

Dec 13th & 14th would be fine. The 12th / 13th (Sat / Sun) is a scheduled clinic weekend anyway (you want the Sun / Mon rather than Sat / Sun???), so we can make it those days if you can't do the Saturday.

And yes....the clinic is Harmony in Motion.

Hi Meredith,

Would the Harmony in Motion clinic be another idea for our Monday and Tuesday in August if we can't pull off the Building Rapport Clinic? It sounds wonderful!

Hi Meredith, this sounds fantastic and a great alternative to the RFT clinics, maybe we could do something like this next year instead of or maybe as well as the RFT? defo something we would be interested in next year! :D

Monica.....yes that would be an option. Its more about our actual body and riding dynamics and not about our relationship so much. Each level would certainly get someting from it though. It can be spread over a range of levels in one event (so riders from different levels) but I think it best suits riders at a similar level where possible. Its not a clinic for newies like RFT's but more for existing students who are ready to move on.

Jo I think it'd be a great compliment to an RFT or to a BR clinic. Again if you have newies an RFT is always the best option...other than that just decide whether the group wants to look at their relationship, or their dynamics...hope that makes sense????

Hi Meredith,

I definately want to book for the Cheshire day. I have let Antonia know but not sure if she is in Oz yet for level three camp. How do I book?

SO excited

Polly

Hi POlly...yep...Antonia is here with us now. You can book though just straight through the QS office by paying your deposits through your paypal account. Just go to your membership page and do it from there.

I think the deposits are 50 pounds.

It'll be great to see yourself and Bouncer there.....finally we'll get to meet in person!