• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

G'day all

I would love to say that we have all learned this lesson but I am afraid I am currently treating more desperately foundered ponies than ever before...

Seems we have still not learned that this is a domestic MANAGEMENT problem and the WE are the managers...

Peter

Edited by Peter Laidely

you are so right Peter!

It really comes down to the management of our horses, feet, diet and paddocks etc.

I have purchased a Shetland pony for my son. She was advertised as having a laminitic attack a few years previous and that they were maintaining her so she would not get it again.

The thing is, the owners were putting more pressure on her body and were just not quite addressing the feet properly.

Since being with us for just over 2 months- her feet are looking much better and she is walking much better now, her diet has been revised and she is free to roam the grass (though we don't have much at the moment) in a small herd environment and she has regular body work too.

There is just so much information out there, it makes it quite difficult I think for owners to know what is the right way to go...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.