• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
jessica

Smallish Hole On Toe

Hi Peter

I have been having my horse Thor (Fjord horse) trimmed every 4 weeks and have never had a problem with lameness, abscess etc. His feet are in top shape and very strong, almost brakes the trimmers tools! The only thing that has always been there (since the day i bught him, he is 5 now) is a smallish hole in the toe area on his near side front foot. It has been there since the day I bought him at 18months and even after regular trimming still seems to grow down? I have had two different trimmers since I bought him and both were good however the one I have used for the last 18 months is really good and after a trim the hole is less noticeable however 4 weeks later you can see it again.

He's never been lame and it doesn't bother him however it is a nuisance as I have to pack it with 1/3 cotton wool ball if I take him out as small stones get stuck in it.

Any ideas on this?

Cheers

Belinda

pictures?

Hi Belinda,

where abouts on his toe? in the sole, in the white line?

I will try and get a pic. It is on the white line, not the sole. He is not lame and it has never worried him, only when a stone gets caught in it/

Cheers

Belinda

I'm wondering if he has a bug in there Belinda, it would seem strange to have white line separation in just one area. Does it have black/dark junk there? and have the trimmers made an attempt to open it up at all?

cheers

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.