• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
neville

QS first group trail ride

What an awesome day we have had for our first QS group trail ride, riding was Neville, Sharon Ford, Meredith Ransley, Bindy Trapnell and young Georgia Hardy, support crew were May and Tony who sorted morning tea for us all thanks guys for a great day, all horses and riders enjoyed themselves the plan is to make this a monthly event the next ride will be at Spring Mountain near Greenbank on the 10th of Feb

trail ride 05.01.13 012.JPG

trail ride 05.01.13 018.JPG

Edited by neville

How awesome is that. clapping.gif You all look so very happy and relaxed.Just what we need to be doing also. Is this a place that horsey people can camp out at...overnight.

Edited by monkey

no there is no camping in Daisy Hill forest it is for day use only and it is an awesome place to ride

I think that this is such a wonderful idea! A proper Qs trail ride....would be great to have one in the uk one day....one day :).

It was a lovely morning...thank you so much for organising it Neville and for inviting me along. Lovely to have Nancy and Carol there also.

It looks lovely!

Carola - we have had QS Trail Rides here... we will make sure you are with us next time!

Looks so lovely. Well done everyone :)

oh to be there...sounds marvellous

Looks like you all had a fantastic time . . . . . thumbsup.gif

That would be amazing Monica, thank you....hope Kaylib and I are at that confidence level by then! Xxxxx

Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. It would be great to join you one day just wish it was a bit closer.

hey Neville we should organise a QS cross border trail ride campout :) have you ever visited Mebbin ? there is camping there for horse groups at Misty Mountain its got cabins dams toilet facilities .. not sure how far that is for you guys its about a 2 hr drive for me from Corndale but thats okay if your going for a couple of days. There must be other camping spots up your way too ?

anyway one to think about.

cheers Lisa

sounds like a good idea Lisa we will plan a weekend camp ride during the year

Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Looks like you had a fantastic ride and will all be looking forward to the next one. There is nothing better than getting out there in our Aussie Bush.cowboy.gif

You know....I've been thinking about this alot since Saturday. We did get a lot of comments from people (the forest was PACKED!). People walking, riding bikes, riding horses. The horses did so well....I won't even say 'coped' or 'behaved' or anything because there was nothing of that about it. They were so calm, relaxed, happy and in their comfort zones that there was no 'dealing with stress' in any way shape or form.

I don't know how many times we had bikes zooming up behind us, past us, in front of us, people popping out of bushes and what have you, and the horses just ignored them.

At morning tea time they were all ties around a tree (to a hitching rail) with their butts right up to the track. And on it in some cases (Carniewhistling.gif ). They had people taking their photos, patting them and all round them and they just stood quietly and happily.

Our main thoughts were - as a group - that if that was the least you could give your horse, the confidence to just be out and about and be quite happy, then why wouldn't you. No one was worried about being safe, or scared, or anxious about any part of the outing. Horse or human.....and that is the way horse riding should be. A group of friends and horses enjoying their time together.

Just lovely!

well said Meredith it was an awesome morning I can't wait till the next 1 this is why everyone should join the QS program it make for a safe and stress free outing for us and our best mates

Edited by neville