• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Matey

QS Trail Riding Camp at Kin Kin

Horsemates Practice group has been having monthly trail rides this year. For August we ventured further a field and met up with QS 'family' from further 'up north' and 'out west' From Brisbane we had Neville, Heather, Michelle and Bindy with their horses, Tracey with two horses from Chinchilla and Vicky and Fiona from Maryborough.

A beautiful sunny day on Saturday and a great ride around Track 1 - the Kin Kin loop. The city horses found the cows around the place a real challenge!

We had a meal in the pub together on Saturday night and then sat around a camp fire and toasted marshmallows.

After a really cold night Friday night some of the campers abandoned their canvass homes and joined me in the Kin Kin pub.

We had Nancy, Tania, Di and myself as support crew (all unable to ride for one reason or another) Hopefully next time we will all be riding as well.

I'll do my best to add some photos

We're never too old for sleep overs...and with our horses and friends - even better :)

:cheers:

It was a terrific weekend Sharon. QS people are the best people to camp out with! The facilities were excellent and the scenery very beautiful.

The ride was so much fun and our horses really gave their all for us. Bindy, Heather, Neville, Tracey and my mate Fiona provided great company on the ride. I was most impressed with Tracey, quietly and calmly riding Pocco and leading Chilli through whatever came their way. Also impressed with my girl Dusty. She was a delight to ride.

A big thank you to Belinda for organising the weekend. Can't wait for the next catch up .

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!

Sounds like it was a great weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You're so right Jill, the next one is at Noosa North Shore and the one after that at Toowoomba!

Thank you Sharon for starting this post with all the excitement in my life at the moment I was a bit slow to post.

But wow what a lovely experience to be able to spend a whole weekend with supportive friends being able to help each other out when things got challenging. We had cows, creeks (the first one had a 2 foot high hop up to the other side nothing like a challenge to start the ride LOL), there was road sides to travel along, bridges to cross, and even a tractor putting around behind the trees.

And at the end of the day we got to continue with each others company sharing stories around dinner at the pub and then a awesome toasty camp fire.

My QS friends really are very very special. So inspiring and helpful in so many ways.

I have already called the next place for details on accommodation, defiantly have to go to the beach before it gets to hot. If anyone would like to join us up at Noosa (with or without a horse) please contact me on Facebook and I will add you to the event.

Thanks to everyone who came along and made the weekend so special :inlove:

Bindy, Polly, Piper (and my best friend Michelle)

Looks like a great time had by all. :clapping:

Toowoomba!!

Let me know about that one please :rolleyes:

When will it be & when is the Noosa one, you never know. :whistling:

Was just the best time, so worth the trip, have been so busy at work, and I keep finding myself wondering off to go riding with my QS friends. Xx

It so good to catch up with everyone, to see everyone's ponies and have lots of good fun too. Yes that first night was bloody cold, loved the ,pub room, should have looked into that sooner,lol. Lucky for my horses it was -6 in chinchilla the day before we left to come, so they had themselves a coat.

I brought young chilli with me to expose him to as much as possible, I was so pleased all our preparation stood us in good stead, he stuck to me and Pocco like glue.

Nothing like a QS weekend to get a couple of assignments filmed, was so impressed how fast Vicki and dusty are getting through level 3' they are looking great.

Polly is in good stead for that level 3 upright barrel jump, by jumping a gate taller then she was, from a stand still too.

There certainly a lot of challenges thrown st us on that trail ride , never let anyone say 'oh you just like trail riding' my word these a lot said about being prepared. What a great oppurtunity to try all sorts of obstacles. :)

Can't wait to see you all again in a few weeks , happy happy happy

Yep if Polly (on the left) can jump that fence that is in front of her at a standing start, She CAN jump up wright barrels :eek: (she did not clear it but she did not end up with any serious injuries, thank goodness)

it was an amazing weekend I'm really looking forward to the next one

I'll check with Fiona and then book a spot. Looking forward to catching up with you all again