• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Carmen

Renegade boots

Has anyone used renegade boots ? what are they like ?

Thanks Carmen

what a great idea. I have been using Easycare boots for years and love them but since Wakita is now in boots 24/7 I have been looking at the Renegades as a possible as they are I think like a slingback (have the back cut out?) my only issue is how he will go in the pea gravel beds in his stable as the gravel might infiltrate the boot. but now I can try before I buy.

thanks Sharron and Carmen for posting the question in the first place.

cheers Lisa

I have been using Renegades for the last 12 months. I have used Boa boots - hard to get on my horse, Easyboot Bare - hard to get off my horse, Cavello - easy on easy off - but the back boots were too high and interfered with my horse cantering.

I love Renegades because they are easy on and easy off and my horse seems to not know they are there.

The down side is they wear through much more quickly than the others. I trail ride over abrasive ground and I wear the tread completely off the sole in 6 months whereas the Easyboot Bares lasted 2 years. They are bringing out a more durable boot soon, I think it may even have been released already, if not it will be soon.

Hope you get to try before you buy - sounds perfect

Cheers

Sharon

Thanks everyone, yes I did see the try before you buy idea I might do that.

Sharon it is good to hear some likes them before giving them a go.

I will only need them for trail riding and if Deni is a bit tender after trimming so they should do the job.

Carmen

if you are on face book - check out hoof boot exchange for reasonable price boots....also ask some questions and contact Julie Wrigt there - she is very help ful.

The choice will depend on fit, horse type, hoof shape and what you need them for I guess.

Personally I have been quite pleased with no dramas using easy gloves for many hundred's of km's and now for casual trails and training otherwise I dont even need to use them :)

rach

Yep Sharon put me onto the Renegades and I love them (well my horses do to) and Yes they are bringing our a new Renegade Viper and they are suppose to be better wearing and are available in more sizes. I highly recommend them for the purpose you want to use them I only have them on the front feet and it works a treat.

Plonk also wears Renegades. They are easy to put on and take off

Dusty & I passed our gallop assignment with Dusty wearing Renegades boots (loaned from Sharon).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.