• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TraceyE

Expressions of Interest to Lease Pocco - Level 3 horse

Pocco is my Level 3 Graduate horse.
He is 14.2HH and 14 years old
We have had such a journey and I love him to bits. I have so much on my plate in the non-horsey world, I really only have time to work 1 horse. As I have decided to keep my younger horse for the moment, I need to find a job for Pocco.
He is very smart and needs to be kept entertained every week. Whether it be groundwork, trail walks, trail rides or ticking off your homework cards. Turns out he is a great little cow horse, he will pick the one that’s about to run before anyone else does and he loves that he is the ‘boss’ over all the cows. He needs to be kept busy. He is not a horse you can leave for a couple of weeks and jump back on, you need to warm him back into work.
I would really like to lease him to a QS student who would like to work through the program. There would be a contract and I would pay some of his upkeep e.g. teeth and Hendra, tetanus and strangles vaccinations.
I would ask he is kept unshod, he has never had shoes on, but trimmed regularly.
You would be responsible for feeding him (he does very well on oaten chaff, bran, full fat soy and a bit of mega min and grassy hay if you have no pasture, definitely NO Lucerne, he will pop his cork on that green stuff)
You will also be responsible for worming and any vet bills (god forbid).
We have been partners for a little over 10 years, so this decision is not being taken lightly.
If you are confident he will go to the moon and back for you, but if you are nervous or heavy handed he will find your weak spots very quickly.
By leasing him, he gets a job to do, someone gets a great smart little horse to use, and he comes back to me when you are finished with him.
If you are interested in talking some more about the possibility of using him, feel free to call me between 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
Please don't be offended if I don't think he is the right horse for you, I want to make sure he goes to the right person so you enjoy the experience as much as he does.
Cheers Tracey Edie
0411 106 651

post-88-0-64088800-1430652957_thumb.jpg

Ooh!!! Send him to England please! We'll take care of him! What an amazing opportunity for somebody... Good luck finding him a new partner! Xx

Oh Monica I would love you to have him for your students! That would be just perfect :)

Wow am amazing opportunity! I got so excited for whoever is lucky enough to lease this guy!

Oh what a hard decision for you Tracey! I hope you find him a really lovely home.

Cheers,

Liz