• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Asking what you want!!

This afternoon I had the best ride I have had in a long time with my gorgeous perl. But the day didn't start so well. I tried filming my saddling procedure and I just wasn't asking enough of perl and dispute passing all of my L2 ground assignments and noing in theory what to do I was not getting any circles or barrel jumps with impulsion.

Then I decided to ask for more and after 20 mins or so got barrel jumps with impulsion carried right through to the hq yields. After that I jumped on and I tried my best to ask for what I wanted and only accepted what I was happy with and I was so amazed!! I got steady impulsion in my walk, trot and even my canter which is huge for us!!

And after doing a few figure of 8s feeling diagonals and my simples pattern at all gaits with this newfound impulsion. She started to follow my focus and I got a few entire circles from just my focus at the walk, and then the trot, and even at the canter!!! This again is huge for us!!

I've been working at all of this for a while now and really haven't gotten anywhere and then all of a sudden boom!! So much in one session!!

So I am basically just writing this to remind myself to never go back again and to ASK for what I WANT!!

PS mel this is exactly what u showed me in my lesson at bell and it has all just clicked!! Thank you so much I've had so many aahhhaaa moments like ahh that's what she meant!! Wow that all makes so much sense!! Edited by georgia_perl

Well done Georgia (and Pearl).....what a fantastic breakthrough to have. We try to be very fair with our horses and not 'make' but sometimes the best thing we can do for them and us, is to be a leader, have great focus and mean what we say.

Awesome!

Thank you for sharing Georgia, these moments that we have with ourselves are priceless. So happy to hear that you are both moving forward and enjoying the journey.