Summer Lessons with Meredith in Kenilworth Qld

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts
  • Interests:MY BABIES!!!!....horses, people, teaching, learning

We've had an awesome first weekend to kick of my Summer Lesson Packages in Kenilworth Qld.  Here's a link to FB where you'll find more pics and updates.

Can't wait until our next get together in two weeks.....and our big Christmas Party!

Kenilworth Summer Lessons with Meredith

Posted by Quantum Savvy Horsemanship on Sunday, December 6, 2015

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Quantum Savvy Horsemanship
enquiries@quantumsavvy.com
Meredith's Blog

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts

More fro Kenilworth.

Well we've just got home from our first fantastic weekend of Summer Lessons at Kenilworth and what an amazing and...

Posted by Quantum Savvy Horsemanship on Sunday, December 6, 2015

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Meredith's Blog

monkey

monkey
  • Gold Member
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Family ~Friends ~Horses~ Learning ~Living Healthy
  • Is a:Level 2 Graduate
  • Local:Group Organiser

Amazing weekend at Summer camp. Hit the beach with Bonza on very low tide just after lunch today. Enjoying some fun time as per my homework instructions from Meredith.  Think it will take a few beach trips before I  am doing less work than Bonza is doing. He did open up a bit in his canter and my ask was slightly less, so there was a bit of improvement.  Think he enjoyed himself, and he finished off with a much needed roll in the sand. Hope to get down there again after work during the week. It is a beautiful playground. :D

Di and Bonza

brumbygirls

brumbygirls
  • Young Horse Trainer
  • 2,470 posts
  • Interests:Passionate about brumbies, love my family, my dogs, my horses - brumbies! And of course watching my two boys play baseball.
  • Local:Agent

Looks like a fantastic weekend everyone!

sml_gallery_843_342_1011331.jpg

Jen Renouf

QS Agent

Grade 1 Horse Trainer

Level 3 Student

Quantum Savvy Geelong

https://www.facebook.com/QSGeelong/

0403 995 550

missmusic

missmusic
  • Basic Member
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:my Mr 4, my QS journey, learning more about our equine friends, barehoof care, animal photography and crafts :)

I also did a trail walk and found my paddock has some good stuff to play with. Worked on some other homework aspects and felt that we improved a little :) 

Quantum Savvy Scenic Rim - Agent

Entry Level Instructor for Scenic Rim area

Includes south to Rathdowney, west of Beaudesert, South of Brisbane, Redland Bay, west of Beenleigh down to Tamborine.

Located in Tamborine, Queensland

Mobile 0423 655 924

Fiona

Fiona
  • Horse Trainer
  • 553 posts
  • Is a:Level 3 Graduate

BIG trail walk today for Sandra and I, lots of obstacles which made us keep our focus.  For me my challenge was keeping his feet moving in a flow, whilst Sandra focused on her personal space and keeping that shoulder out!  Check out or QS Mary Valley FB page for some awesome photos. 

Fiona Prescott                                 

QS Professional

Sunshine Coast & Fraser Coast Queensland

• Agent
  • Entry Level Instructor
  • Grade 1 Horse Trainer
  • Level 3 Graduate

Fiona and Coolie

junior7

junior7
  • Gold Member
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Junior, Junior and Junior ❤️ Oh and my gorgeous family and dogs

Junior and I have been meeting nice and early the last couple of mornings, this morning was I think a turning point. I think my leadership is slowly coming together, for the first time EVER I called out and he ran up to me!!! And didn't run away when he saw the bridle!! Happy dance :)

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts

Way to go everyone!  Yippee!  Looks like you're all having fun with your homework!  Keep at it. XXX

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Meredith's Blog

vicki

vicki
  • Young Horse Trainer
  • 1,695 posts
  • Interests:My horses, my family and friends. Bringing universal change to our relationship with horses.
  • Local:ELI

There are no shortage of good size hills here and Dusty and I made use of them in our trail work. We went up hill and down dale, taking in some areas we had to jump up and down in the terrain. I focussed on keeping at Dusty's hip and it worked well. No problem with her moving forward and no hesitation in keeping a steady pace. I made sure I kept that recalcitrant hand in my pocket  :devil2: Had a relax and pick of grass at the end. The rest of the herd were most intrigued and joined us for some down time. 

Vicki Kilborn

QS Northern Rivers

Entry Level Instructor and Grade 1 Horse Trainer

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts

LOL.....fabulous Vicki.  I can just see the two of you out and about.  Nice you found some forward and some fun!

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Meredith's Blog

monkey

monkey
  • Gold Member
  • 525 posts

Went on a trail walk late this afternoon in our paddocks. Up and down dam banks and lots of uneven ground. Bonza was pretty good with this and finished off our session with some backup tasks, falling leaf and change of direction. I was happier with his impulsion with these today. I had to remind myself also Vicki to stay at his hip, which worked out quiet well. Great that we are all doing our homework....lol :clapping:

Di and Bonza

Dozer

Dozer
  • Young Horse Trainer
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:horses motor racing machinery
Had a session on the ranch rope late this afternoon then some long reining
Progressing well with ranch rope especially sideways. Zena is flowing well and putting effort into it
Interesting playing with feel with the long reins as if u were sitting on them but not having your seat to help u
All great fun and challenging keeping the conversation going through your hands only
Certificate 1 All Sports Pre Trainer Posted Image Contact me for horse training

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts

Awesome......great updates, thanks everyone.  Sounds like things are going well and you're all on track.  Really well done everyone.  We're only half way through week one!  Imagine where we'll be in a few more weeks!

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Meredith's Blog

missmusic

missmusic
  • Basic Member
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:my Mr 4, my QS journey, learning more about our equine friends, barehoof care, animal photography and crafts :)

Ive just come in from a little session with Music and I had to share a tahdah....

... Meredith spoke about flexion on the circle and how it divers from a large to a small one, also helping your horse flex onto the new circle by using the pocket. It all clicked together for me, when we were working through our change of directions--- patterns of the tasks.

I havent been helping Music flex on the circle when changing directions but I also havn't had a good pattern either. Once I changed this it flowed alot better and we had more softness.

Amazing!

Quantum Savvy Scenic Rim - Agent

Entry Level Instructor for Scenic Rim area

Includes south to Rathdowney, west of Beaudesert, South of Brisbane, Redland Bay, west of Beenleigh down to Tamborine.

Located in Tamborine, Queensland

Mobile 0423 655 924

jane_gully

jane_gully
  • Module 2
  • 60 posts
We have done two practice sessions and todays was amazing. He was so calm and everything went right. Still have to do my bareback bit. Tomorrow will be the day I bite the bullet and have a go. I am not worried about being on just getting on.

vicki

vicki
  • Young Horse Trainer
  • 1,695 posts
  • Interests:My horses, my family and friends. Bringing universal change to our relationship with horses.
  • Local:ELI

Its great hearing how everyone's practice is going. We are all learning heaps. 

I had another practise session today. Made it fun and interesting. Dusty and I did our practise with the 22' on a bit of a sloping area. Backing up the hill and coming in to me was pretty nice. Circles and spirals too. Oh and I remembered Meredith's lesson about starting off light when close which leaves some gas in the tank when you want to pick up the pace. I tried that out with our sideways and it worked so well. I am happy with my progress in keeping my lead hand tucked into my pocket. Dusty's impulsion is so much better.

We did a bit of a trail walk, taking in some log jumps. It was fun. 

Vicki Kilborn

QS Northern Rivers

Entry Level Instructor and Grade 1 Horse Trainer

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts

Wow Jane......2 sessions already.  Way to go girl!  That is a great start to your weeks homework. Next up the bareback.  It'll feel so good to get those homework cards ticked.  Well done.

And great job Jen....Im so glad to hear that you've had some success with the flex to flex.  It really makes a difference doesn't it.  Keep at it everyone.  Check you PMs....next check i is tomorrow.

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Meredith's Blog

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts

Fantastic Vicki.  So happy to hear its all coming together.  Keep it fin, keep it light and enjoy yourselves!

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Meredith's Blog

monkey

monkey
  • Gold Member
  • 525 posts

Have done 3 practice sessions so far and really enjoying ourselves. We actually have a bit of impulsion with the falling leaf this afternoon.  He is going out and around me further as I try to project my energy.  Backup is still frustrating and have been letting him stand wherever he gets to along the rope,until he licks his lips. I don't think I have been giving him enough release so he doesn't recognize the comfort at the end as it takes him a long time for him to lick his lips. So that is what I am concentrating on in our backup. The release and licking his lips. It is great reading everyone's progress.

Di and Bonza

meredith

meredith
  • Gold Member
  • 10,771 posts

Good on you Di.  It'll come.  Just keep at it and give him lots of incentive to get to the good spot / release spot.  Do you have any patches of grass you can back him up to?  Then he ca have a nibble when he gets there. :)

Meredith Ransley
CEO & Co-founder
Meredith's Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users