• advertisement_alt

Summer Lessons with Meredith in Kenilworth Qld

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An early morning session before work worked well for us. We mixed up our lesson with getting further out onto the rope with our falling leaf and aiming for a more positive backup. I didn't do too much of these as I don't want to seem like a nag. Trying to give him lots of release in everything that we do. Popped him over a few jumps as well as the 3ft drums, although i did need to spread two of them out a little bit before he would go over them. Will go for a trail walk this arvo when it gets a bit cooler and play with the ranch rope and have Bonza seeking his own forward. One thing that has really stuck in my head from the last weekend is that Bonza had my forward and not his own. I realized that he must of never had his own forward. A bit of a light bulb moment. :clapping:

Great to see everyone on here again. Worked late and had to bring Khmari home so I haven't seen Gulliver today. Did put my new skills to work on Khmari though. Using a different horse was a great experience. Stick with it Nat. We are all here for you. Take it slow. He is a sweet boy think positive, love him first then little steps will get you there. Really looking forward to seeing you again. Missing the weekend already.

Wow everyone....great work already! Only two days into the week and lots of practise happening already. Yay!

Vicki your relaxed and happy energy will have a huge effect on Dusty. Well done....enjoy, have fun and let it flow.

Di, didn't Bonza have some lovely forward once we unlocked it on the weekend. Fantastic to see. It's great to hear that you've been able to build on to that in your practise also.

Jane you are doing such a great job with Gully....just keep doing what you are doing, keep practising and it'll come.

Nat, you did so well on the weekend. Junior was sweet and fabulous and did a lovely job for you. And look what you achieved! Amazing. I heard about your trailer loading to go home also, so you know you can do this. It's only when your nerves take over that you frighten him and make him defensive. Remember, it is your energy he is picking up on, so you need to step up and be a leader for him. It would be your energy making him no want to be caught. So think positive! YOU CAN DO THIS! If you struggle with confidence in the no contact yields, stick to contact yields for a while. Just do little bits, shorter sessions and more of them.

Going great guns folks. Remember to check your PMs tonight for homework checks!

I had a breakthrough this morning, literally talked out loud " you will stand still and not move" and he did lol... Sharon was great support and my confidence got a lot stronger today on home ground, skills test and circles, he tried a bit to argue but I am standing up once again. Happy times ahead

Good on you Nat. We saw you really step up on the weekend and you have done it again. Junior will respond. We saw what a sweet boy he is when you keep you focus, do little bits and lots of release & loving strokes. We're all behind you.

Good on you also Nat. It was great to see you and your boy interacting over the weekend. They certainly teach us heaps don't they. You are doing a fabulous job.

I am getting out and doing two lessons a day, morning and late afternoon so that I have some homework under our belt before we go to Sydney for 5 days for xmas . I thought that Bonza may run the other way when seeing me to come catch him for the second time, but he has been really good about it. 2 short lessons seems to agree with him so will continue with that when I get back. I also filmed our contact assignment for more feedback. Have a great Christmas everyone. :newyear:

Way to go Nat. Well done you. Keep at it and you'll find the more boxes you tick the more your confidence will grow. Your thoughts will hugely impact your outcomes, so stay positive and be a great leader for him. You can do this.

Folks if you are booked into the next round of lessons with me, beginning on January 2nd, please check your forum PM inbox as your pre-lesson get ready homework is listed for you...so get ready to get started and take massive steps toward your dreams with your horse.

Hooray!

Guess who's saddle arrived today! Guess who's saddle arrived today! Guess who's saddle arrived today! ......Give up? MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I LOVE IT. Had my first ride today. Gully didn't seem to mind it either. I think it will fast track getting my balance back. We did some direct and indirect reins but I was running out of light. One more practice tomorrow before heading off to camping.

Wow fantastic Jane. That is great news. So glad it has arrived and that you've already had a positive test run.

Yippee!

Merry Christmas. :newyear:

I am so pleased for you Jane. Can't wait to see you riding Gully in it.

Meredith, I can't seem to see a PM message with our new homework. Am I looking in the right place?

Wow!.....the next round of Summer Lessons with me is almost here! I can't believe how quickly time is going but boy that list of blue ticks lining up sure reminds us of how much progress everyone is making. Yippee!

This weeks homework is in your PM now folks, so please do pop in and check that out. On;y 5 more sleeps until we're together again!

And unbelieveably!!!....we still have a couple of spots left in this Saturday's L2 Liberty class. This is a one weekend only event folks so if you are about to start on L2, are working on L2 or need a refresher, please do contact Fiona asap. I must say, I consider myself a pretty darned good 'dab hand!' at liberty and teaching it to others so I would not miss this opportunity myself. :):):)

Have a great week folks and a fun New Year and I'll catch you all at Kenilworth on the weekend.

Oh to have you around the corner....Or at least in the same country! Wouldn't be missing if for anything!

Edited by monica

Fantastic Jane. Good on you. Just keep going step by step and look where it will take you!

New homework tonight folks. Check your PMs after dinner for today's update.

LOL....Man's mind stretched to new horizons, never returns to it's original dimensions! (it's good for you!)

Everyone, if you have not yet received your up-to-date Assignment Cards, please be sure that you have sent me your feedback from last time. And let me know via your PM if you don't yet have it.

Thank you all. 3 more sleeps!

Inspiring stuff everyone, what fantastic progress you are all making!

Another HUGE weekend in Kenilworth this last weekend. Fiona had arrived early and set up a fantastic playground for everyone that was just too good to resist. So Friday afternoon, most of us were already out there having a play with all the obstacles and enjoying the beautiful scenery of the very pretty town of Kenilworth.

Friday night we had a seminar on 'The Dying Art of Horsemanship' which brought up some really interesting discussion.

We had the second of our Lesson Packages get underway this weekend. We're now doing Level 1 Riding in the Confidence Package, where everyone was up and trotting around with just one rein by the end of the lesson. Woohoo well done everyone. Next up was the L2 Liberty Class, which as always, is a fascinating study.

It was fantastic to have Lorraine Dowdeswell and the Nudae Naturals come up and join us for the day also. Thank you Nita for all your yummy baking! I ate way too much cake but I couldn't help myself! LOL.

Saturday night we had our first assignments being done until after sunset and the first of 5 Blue ticks for the weekend. Then our regular BBQ thank you so much Gav for your fabulous cooking - followed by some entertainment??? provided by Shane in the form of an ancient JD Wilton video. We sure learned a lot from that. :confused1: I hope you have all recovered?

Sunday morning was Level 3 Liberty. We had drawn quite a crowd by then and had dozens of people and cars stopping by to watch what everyone was up to. More than a few gobsmacked people got to enjoy some horse fun QS style.

And then as per usual by now, we finished off with L3 assignments. As I mentioned, we had 5 Blue ticks this weekend and so very many so close to completion.

I am very proud of every single one of my fabulous students who have joined me for these summer lessons. It is such a joy to spend these weekends with you all and to see the amazing progress you are all making. But even more gratifying for me is the wonderful energy and comraderie of these groups...how much everyone supports each other and motivates each other...not just on the actual weekends but also throughout all of the homework and in between times. Everyone is doing so well with their homework and their focus it makes my job easy and a real pleasure.

And we get to so it all again in two weeks time!

DSCF8953.JPG

Fiona.jpg

Auditors.jpg

Jane_2.jpg

Josh.jpg

Karen.jpg

Nat_2.jpg

Sandra.jpg

She did it! She did it!

This morning Diva decided to leave me when I was taking her rug off so I played with her a bit bringing her back to me, and asked her to hindquarter. She did a half step but had her head on me, looking at me so I stayed at the front of her (was about a metre away) and asked for more hind, focusing on the hind like in the lesson.. it was the sticky hind...I had no tools and had to just use energy and she did it! she moved her hind leg under. I released as soon as I noticed her shifting her weight and wahla her hind stopped square. Boy did she lick and chew!!!! admittedly she shifted her weight back after about 5 mins, but she stopped square! and stayed square for a bit. so a huge step for us!! Thanks Meredith!!